Adding terms and condition, privacy policy onto footers

Highlighted
Excursionist
18 1 0

Hello,

How do I add my terms and condition as well as privacy policy onto the footer like this sample that I attached.

1.png

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
911 60 157

Hey, there.

This is Dallas from the Social Care team here at Shopify.

In order to add conditions and policies to the bottom of you're page you'll just have to follow a few steps which are actually quite simple.

The first thing that you will need to do is go to your Shopify Store Admin and create the pages. To do that you just need to click on Online Store > Pages > New Page. That will show you the empty form where you can add all the text that you want. 

Now, when it comes to the actual text for your conditions & policies you have a couple of options. The first would be to write them out entirely yourself or have your legal professional write them out in order to customize them to your business specifically. The second would be to use the Shopify templates. If you go to Settings > Legal > Create from Template then you will be able to copy and paste our general templates to your Terms of Service, your Privacy Policy, your Return Policy page, etc.

2019-10-63t23-jr3pz

I want to make it very clear, however, that this is just a template. We have created these to make it easier for you to start your legal pages, but you're going to want to double-check with your legal professional to make sure that these will align with your business structure.

Once you have created these pages just be sure to save them and then you can add them to your navigation. In order to do that you can just go to Online Store > Navigation > Footer Menu > Add Menu Item > Link > Pages > and then click on the page you want to connect. Make sure you repeat all of these steps for each legal page you have in order to make it easier for your customer.

This should help to answer your question, but if you have any other questions please let me know.

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Dallas,

This is Nermin. I've done all the steps as you have explained and saved in the end, however, when I viewed my store my legal pages such as privacy policy and refund policy would not appear. What should I do?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
911 60 157

Hey, Nermin. 

I'd love to take a closer look and see if I can figure out what might be happening. Are you able to share a screenshot of your legal pages in the Store Admin, along with the URL to the front end of your store? 

I'm also wondering, did you add these pages to your website navigation menu? If you go Online Store > Navigation > Menu do you see the legal pages there? 

Please let me know and I'll be happy to see what I can do to help you even further. 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Dallas

I am a similiar need to add the Legal pages on my front web page. However I would like to have it in the footer (not main menu). Is that possible?

Thanks in advance

Frederic

0 Likes