Adding the 'Sort by' label into the drop down box

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
14 1 0

Hi there 

My theme uses this sort function from carolineschnapp  I was wondering if it was possible to add the label Sort By into the drop down box as opposed to it being outside. Something like this below. I can manage to find my way around adding it to the existing code, just don't know how to write it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

regards

Adrian

sort.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
14 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

I've already found the solution. In case someone is looking to do the same thing, this is what you can do

<select id="sort-by" class="styled-select">

<option value="manual" disabled selected hidden>Sort by</option>

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Adrian, 

I was wondering whether you know were we paste the below, if we wish to add the "sort by" menu at our collections. 

<select id="sort-by" class="styled-select">

<option value="manual" disabled selected hidden>Sort by</option>

thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
14 1 0

Hey Eva

Apologies for the late reply. I literally only just saw your post today. Hopefully it's not too late. Where you paste the code depends on which theme you are using as each theme is different. I suspect that you might have to look under the snippet section and search for files with the word collection as a title. Mine was found in the collection-sidebar.liquid

Sorry I can't be much of a help. Hopefully this is sufficient to point you in the right direction.

regards

Adrian

0 Likes