Additional Scripts Liquid broken?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Client reported today that some stuff broke, even though nobody touched anything.

Upon investigation, liquid variable substitutions that used to work seem to be failing.  For example:

{{ checkout.order.line_items | json }}

was previously yielding usable data.  As today (or possibly earlier) it's producing "null";

Is anyone else seeing this?  Was this an intentional change?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Following up on my own topic.  We have a development shop that uses the same additional-scripts content (I've verified with a straight copy/paste of the entire block from production => dev), and it works fine there.

All liquid template entities in the additional-scripts block are producing empty output (but only in the production shop).

Has anyone seen anything like this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
142 4 16

I haven't but those typically output in the <head> element, you might check the source code for any errors. Also I'm sure you've checked the console on the frontend for errors, but might find an issue there too? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hi Sean - The output looks fine, with the very significant exception that any liquid expressions are evaluating to null.  So a bare expression produces no output, and anything run through the json filer (like the example in my original post) produce the string "null".

It's super strange.  The content of "Additional Scripts" hasn't changed in some time, identical code in a development store works fine, and we haven't been able to identify any configuration differences between the environments that could account for it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
142 4 16

If you want to DM me the URLs for dev and production I can take a quick look

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Did this ever get resolved? I am having the same issue with the "{{ shop.phone }}" variable (and all shop variables)

0 Likes