Additionnal Design

VicABL
2 0 0

Hi Everybody,

I'm a newbie in shopify, and have questions about the front office :

I want to have a very personalized shop, so, i want to code my own design from an existing theme, can i have a huge personnalisation ? If yes, i have to hosting it by myself or shopify hosting can host it ? 

What about all the text/image and other that i have to manage by Back Office, do i have to create an external back office for the personnalized design ?

Hope i'm clear in my asks,

Thanks a lot

Victor

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 40 91

Hi, @VicABL!

You can certainly make theme code changes, and you'll still be able to use the Shopify admin and be hosted on Shopify. However, depending on the level of coding you do on your theme, if your theme editor doesn't work due to the coding you've done, or if there are other theme issues (such as admin changes not syncing over to the theme), we might not be able to assist you with those problems as we don't support third party coding.

Depending on what the customizations are, I'd recommend reaching out to our support team first before making the changes yourself, as we may be able to make them using your design time and can make sure the change functions with your theme. If we aren't able to support your request, you can still make the change yourself. Hope that helps!   

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes