Allowing Customers to Provide Information Before Checkout

ontrackstudios
2 0 0

Hey guys,

I run a marketing service store I just started but my customers pointed out an issue. There is nowhere for them to put their links and information about what they want marketed before they checkout. I was told this makes my site look somewhat like a scam so it is a necessity for me to have this landing page when people click checkout. Is this possible with Shopify? I haven't been able to edit checkout at all.

0 Likes
Shreyank
Excursionist
12 1 2

This is possible by adding an extra input field to collect additional details on the checkout information page.

Unless you are on the Shopify Plus plan you cant edit the checkout page.

One option  for regular shopify plan (Go to Settings -> Checkout -> Additional Script ) is to add the additional script and append an additional field on the checkout page that will use checkout object to gather the information and that way you can have information of what they want to marketed. 

Let me know if you need any more information

Shreyank
Excursionist
12 1 2

Or else you can also add an additional text box on the cart page to add the extra information that will be much easy as well because lot of themes have built in option to enable the cart note box.

ontrackstudios
2 0 0

How do I customize the cart note?

0 Likes
Shreyank
Excursionist
12 1 2

This article will help you understand it :

Enable order notes on your cart page

0 Likes