Allowing customers to pick options

Vyjohns
4 0 0

Hello,

Trying to develop a way on my Shopify store for my customers to be able to select 3 items from a list of choices on one of my product pages. Is there a way to do this or some type of free app? 

Thank you! 

Replies 12 (12)

robin_ca
Shopify Partner
56 8 13

Yes, You can add custom fields to your product if you are familiar with editing theme or variations is another option to do same thing. 

You can share url or explain in detail what you want to achieve I can help you with it.

If helpful then please Like & Accept Solution. | Buy me a coffee
Customizing Store or upgrading with custom functionality - Hire Me

Feel free to contact me on rrrobin@yahoo.com regarding any help regarding
Shopify Customization | Automation of Tasks | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Functions into Shopify.
Vyjohns
4 0 0
Thank you for your response! I have a home decor business and I'm looking
to add a "Wax Melt Build-a-Box" page to my site (www.vantoriaessentials.com).
There will be numerous scents available and the customer will be able to
select 3 different scents to add to their box. I did not want to use the
custom field box and allow them to type in the scents they want because I
want to be able to track the inventory for each individual scent. Hope this
makes sense!
robin_ca
Shopify Partner
56 8 13

For this case where you want to keep track of inventory as well, I will recommend you to use product bundle app, 
That will help you in keeping inventory contorl as well, and you can allow customer to select as many addon they want to get with your product, 

eg here : https://orderfromalimas.ca/products/chicken-curry-1-lb-2?variant=34647984070

here I used product bundle, and each product is separate product in shopify to track quantity.

image.png

If helpful then please Like & Accept Solution. | Buy me a coffee
Customizing Store or upgrading with custom functionality - Hire Me

Feel free to contact me on rrrobin@yahoo.com regarding any help regarding
Shopify Customization | Automation of Tasks | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Functions into Shopify.
Vyjohns
4 0 0

Oh okay thank you!!! Is this a free app? 

Spirit5
Visitor
1 0 0

your reply didnt really answer the question because your solution didnt allow the customer to choose because it was a bundle option. im having the same problem finding a app that will allow the customer to choose there products for a box as in PICK and MIX and not an already put together box as you have described. 

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

@Spirit5 wrote:

im having the same problem finding a app that ..

For app solutions use the shopify app forums https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-apps/bd-p/shopify-apps 

search for bundle, bundling ,etc or your own terms pick and mix, etc

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

Order form customization is the simplest straightest method , it just needs to be adapted to have a limit and show the items together in the cart

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Forms-Add-an-order-form-to-your-store/td-p/613671

There's also the alternative if your scents are single smells, thus single variant options, then just make those combinations as a prebundled product then use a sync app to process inventory levels on skus.

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Vyjohns
4 0 0

Oh wow, this seems a little more complicated than what I thought it would be, LOL. Definitely going to have to do some reading up on the topics you mentioned. Thank you for your help!! 

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

There's also the possibly utilize the buy X get Y discount in specific bundling scenarios

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/discounts/create-discount-codes#create-a-buy-x-get-y-discount

ReclinerReview
Visitor
1 0 0

eFoli-Marvic
Shopify Partner
223 40 39

Hello @Vyjohns

Have you got your solution? If not then I have an app to suggest to you. The app has a free plan But the feature you are looking for isn’t available in the free plan.

You can try MultiVariants - Bulk Order application which will definitely help you with your requirements. 

All you need to do is, You have to add your variants in Shopify and by using MultiVariants - Bulk Order set a rule of minimum purchase 3. So that your customers won't be able to buy less than 3. Also, they can choose their preferred 3 from the list of variants. If you want, you can also set a maximum limit. Also, this application has many more options like quantity interval, bundle, custom text value, and many more.

Here you can have a look at our one Demo Product. In this product, I choose a minimum quantity of 6 so that the customer can not choose less than 6.

Multivariants minimum quantity bulk orderMultivariants minimum quantity bulk order

Marvic | EFOLI
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- Checkout our apps:Inkybay || MultiVariants

EasifyApps-Zoe
Shopify Partner
582 14 40

Hi @Vyjohns,

Even though it's been some time since you raised your request, I'd like to offer a simple solution that you and other members can consider if you encounter a similar issue in the future. You can achieve this by using the Easify Product Options app (Free plan available).

There are multiple ways to present your list of choices and allow customers to select 3 items. For instance, you can use options like Image Swatches, Product List, or Checkbox.

Here's a quick demonstration of how you can set it up with the app 😊:

• Install the app and start by creating an option set:

EasifyAppsZoe_0-1691056319261.png

• Add an option for customers to select your 3 items using your favorite option input type. If your list is not too long, Image Swatches or Checkbox is suitable. However, if you have a long list, using Product list option type is the best choice. When customers click on the button associated with the Product list option, a popup will appear, displaying your list of options. If the options exceed a certain length, the popup will include a scroll feature for easy navigation.

Image Swatches:

EasifyAppsZoe_1-1691056441220.png

m.jpg

Checkbox:

EasifyAppsZoe_2-1691056609550.png

Product list:

EasifyAppsZoe_3-1691056781115.png

EasifyAppsZoe_4-1691056802496.png

EasifyAppsZoe_5-1691056811347.png

Note that the Product list is only provided by Easify Product Options app, you cannot find it in any other apps ✌️.

Please try the app and experience different option types and figure out which is the best option type for your store. Besides allowing create custom options, Easify Product Options offers lot of useful features, you should explore it yourself!

EASIFY - MAKING SHOPIFY SIMPLE & SWEET!
Easify Product Options: Create custom product options 10X faster & easier!
Easify Product Attachments: Effortlessly add downloadable PDF files (or any other format) to Shopify pages!
Try for Free | 24/7 Live Chat Support