Allowing customers to pick options

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello,

Trying to develop a way on my Shopify store for my customers to be able to select 3 items from a list of choices on one of my product pages. Is there a way to do this or some type of free app? 

Thank you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
56 9 11

Yes, You can add custom fields to your product if you are familiar with editing theme or variations is another option to do same thing. 

You can share url or explain in detail what you want to achieve I can help you with it.

If helpful then please Like & Accept Solution. | Buy me a coffee
Customizing Store or upgrading with custom functionality - Hire Me

Feel free to contact me on rrrobin@yahoo.com regarding any help regarding
Shopify Customization | Automation of Tasks | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Functions into Shopify.
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Thank you for your response! I have a home decor business and I'm looking
to add a "Wax Melt Build-a-Box" page to my site (www.vantoriaessentials.com).
There will be numerous scents available and the customer will be able to
select 3 different scents to add to their box. I did not want to use the
custom field box and allow them to type in the scents they want because I
want to be able to track the inventory for each individual scent. Hope this
makes sense!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
56 9 11

For this case where you want to keep track of inventory as well, I will recommend you to use product bundle app, 
That will help you in keeping inventory contorl as well, and you can allow customer to select as many addon they want to get with your product, 

eg here : https://orderfromalimas.ca/products/chicken-curry-1-lb-2?variant=34647984070

here I used product bundle, and each product is separate product in shopify to track quantity.

image.png

If helpful then please Like & Accept Solution. | Buy me a coffee
Customizing Store or upgrading with custom functionality - Hire Me

Feel free to contact me on rrrobin@yahoo.com regarding any help regarding
Shopify Customization | Automation of Tasks | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Functions into Shopify.
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Oh okay thank you!!! Is this a free app? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 116 353

Order form customization is the simplest straightest method , it just needs to be adapted to have a limit and show the items together in the cart

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Forms-Add-an-order-form-to-your-store/td-p/613671

There's also the alternative if your scents are single smells, thus single variant options, then just make those combinations as a prebundled product then use a sync app to process inventory levels on skus.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Oh wow, this seems a little more complicated than what I thought it would be, LOL. Definitely going to have to do some reading up on the topics you mentioned. Thank you for your help!! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 116 353

There's also the possibly utilize the buy X get Y discount in specific bundling scenarios

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/discounts/create-discount-codes#create-a-buy-x-get-y-discount

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes