Why don't Amazon orders import SKUs into our Shopify accounting system?

aiannarelli
Tourist
8 0 3

We have 2 sales channels.  Our website and Amazon FBM.  Orders from our website brng over an SKU but orders from Amazon do not bring over the SKU.  SKUs have been loaded from the beginning.  We only receive from Amazon the Amazon Order ID, description and quantity.  This results in all Amazon orders being manually keyed into our accounting system.

Any thoughts?

Anthony

Replies 5 (5)

michaeltheodore
Explorer
59 6 9

Anthony

Can you give a code snippet?

It sounds like an API issue.

aiannarelli
Tourist
8 0 3

We did not write a custom api or use a third party.  We are using the Amazon channel built into Shopify

This is what Shopify is displaying with an Amazon order.  As you can see no SKU.

Screenshot 2021-01-13 095837.jpg

This is what Shopify displays from our online store

Screenshot 2021-01-13 100124.jpg

We also do not see the SKU in reports run on Shopify.  For the Amazon channel, we get N/A.  THis affects our ability to also automate things.

You thoughts would be appreciated.  If there is a place I should look for code, let me know and I will find it.

aiannarelli
Tourist
8 0 3

Bump

michaeltheodore
Explorer
59 6 9

It seems that the reason why the SKU is not showing is because the Amazon channel does not have that functionality.

aiannarelli
Tourist
8 0 3

We are a small company with limited products and most products are very different from one another.  This seem like a big miss for people that have thousands of skus, possible a lot of temporary help especially around the holidays.  Even at our size, we will be disconnecting the channel and going direct to Amazon, we cannot afford the risk of mis shipments.