Application proxy with Content-Type of application/liquid being returned to client.

Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I'm having an issue where a response that I am returning to a proxy request with a Content-Type of application/liquid is being sent to the client rather than rendered in the shop's theme. I have a proxy set for my application at /apps/locations and when I go there, Shopify sends a 301 redirect to my app's server with the relevant parameters. I then return a response with the correct content-type, but it forces a download in the client browser rather than rendering in the shop's template.

I'm suspecting that the initial 301 redirect to my application's server shouldn't be happening in the first place, but I'm not sure about that. I imagined Shopify would be making something like a curl request to my server when a client visited the proxy url, rather than simply redirecting them to my server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
70 0 7

Something doesn't sound right there. The request should be proxied through Shopify, so the browser won't see the application/liquid content type.

It isn't anything like a redirect has been configured for that URL in the shop?

Developer of Back in Stock, the easiest way to increase sales on out of stock products. https://apps.shopify.com/back-in-stock
0 Likes