Apply discount only if customer logged in

Solved
Will-dev
2 0 0

Hello,

What I want to accomplish is to apply different discounts to many different products only if customer is logged in, e.g., I have a product "Roller Blade" and its original cost is $70, but if customer is logged in I want to apply a discount of 20%.

I want to do the same to several products but with different discount %.. is this possible?

0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
573 57 113

Hi, @Will-dev!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thanks for reaching out to our network and sharing your question. There's a few different ways to accomplish what you are after - in fact, I found a similar forum thread where these possibilities are discussed in further detail. Check out the related forum thread for more context and examples.

I trust that is what you are looking for, but if you have further questions don't hesitate to reach back out.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Will-dev
2 0 0

Hi, Olivia!

Thank you for your answer, however, I'd seen that post before and I coldn't find what I'm looking for. First of all I don't want to use any thrid-party app.

Also I coudn't find a "customer elegibility" option in the admin panel, so the only choice I have left is to apply the logic within the code myself, something like:

{% if customer %}

code with discount here

{% else %}

code without discount here

{% endif %}

Please, let me kinow if this is possible.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
573 57 113

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for following up with me, @Will-dev.

To locate the customer eligibility section, head to Admin > Discounts and create a discount code. While you are creating the code, you will see customer eligibility as one of your options as such: 

18-46-fgaju-0dtou

If for some reason you still can't locate it here, feel free to grab me a screenshot of what you do see.

Since you'd rather not use a third-party app, the other solution I can think of is to create a custom app for this functionality.

The solution of using code for this would not be feasible in this scenario. Discount codes are entered into the checkout and built into the Admin, which would not be impacted by code changes. 

Please let me know if I have missed or misunderstood anything.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes