Are There Plans To Expand Development Tools To Be Platform Independent?

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
64 3 4

I've only just started developing apps for Shopify.

One of the problems I've come hard up against is the fact that a few of the most helpful tools are mac-centric.
Don't get me wrong - I love me a macbook; but I also don't currently have one.

Does anybody know if there are plans to bring Postman and some of the other utilities that are currently only available on macs to Linux? I'm sure some Windows users would love Windows versions as well.

Most people, it turns out, just aren't interested unless they have to pay for it. Go figure.
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
1149 131 195

Postman is not developed by Shopify, and besides there are Linux and Windows versions available. What other tools are you referring to?

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
1 Like
Shopify Partner
64 3 4

ah, ok then. That works. Would you happen to know of a "Postman" that works with Linux? I currently use PHPStorm and RubyMine for development; perhaps I should take a look at their plugins.

Most people, it turns out, just aren't interested unless they have to pay for it. Go figure.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1149 131 195

Sure - https://dl.pstmn.io/download/latest/linux64 - this is from Postman's official site - https://www.getpostman.com/downloads/

Though, the two you've mentioned are IDEs, Postman is not really an IDE.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
1 Like
Shopify Partner
64 3 4

Awesome, thank you!

0 Likes