Atlantic Theme-Add 2020 Copyright & name to footer

Highlighted
9 0 0

Hello,

I saw this exact issue in another discussion, but I believe it's already closed.  This is the issue we're having, and the steps we've tried so far.

I'm using the Pixel Union Atlantic Theme. Our website currently does not say "copyright" at all in the footer.

Steps we've tried:

- Find your footer.liquid

Find where it says "copyright" and next to it paste this

(Our code doesn't have this.)

{{ 'now' | date: "%Y" }}

- Go to the file static-footer.liquid, find this line:

(Our code doesn't have this either.)

<nav class="footer-nav">    

And right after it, just include:

&copy; {{ 'now' | date: "%Y" }}

It's your footer-one.liquid file.

You could include that extra line anywhere, in my test I added right after:

<div class="sub-footer">

with this code:

<p>&copy; {{ 'now' | date: "%Y" }}</p>

After following the above instructions in another thread, we get stuck at the last step--finding the footer-one.liquid file.

Can someone please help from here?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Update--we found the footer-one.liquid file.

I will attempt to edit the code and post back. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

I tried adding the suggested code, but it didn't work.  It's quite possible I'm doing it incorrectly.

Could someone please provide the exact code, and tell me where to place it?

We'd like it to say:

© 2020 Forge + Vessel, LLC.  All Rights Reserved.

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Just bumping the thread.

0 Likes
8 0 0

Not sure if you figured out where to put it but you can add this code to your "Footer-one. liquid" folder and put it just above the </footer> closing tag.

<div class="sub-footer" style="font-size: 13px; text-align:center; padding-bottom: 0px; color: #464646;">
{% include 'footer-payments' %}
<a href="#" style="color: #464646;">Terms</a> | <a href="#" style="color: #464646;">Privacy</a> | © <script>document.write(new Date().getFullYear())</script> YOUR STORE NAME. All Rights Reserved.
</div>

**** you can style it how you want ( font-size, padding, color etc )

I also added in the Terms page and the Privacy page in that same section. Just copy and paste the pages address where it says <href= and replace the # in between "". 

If you do not want the Terms page or the Privacy page to be displayed in the sub footer then just omit it from the code like this: 

© <script>document.write(new Date().getFullYear())</script> Copyright YOUR STORE NAME. All Rights Reserved.

If you do not want the payment section just delete this section from the above code {% include 'footer-payments' %}

0 Likes