Atlantic theme - change colours of content blocks

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi everyone,

I have purchased the Atlantic theme and want to change the background colour of content blocks (specifically text blocks, see example on the RH side below)

I have tried changing this in the colours section (under Customise homepage) but it's not possible there.

Can anyone explain me how to fix this? Thanks a million

Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 7.33.46 am.png

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi there,
Jack from OpenThinking here.

Paste the following code at the very bottom of your assets/theme.css 

.picture-block { background-color: red !important; }

change red with the color you want. If you don't know the color number write colour picker on Google.

let me know if this works for your if yes accept my answer and give me thumbs up! thank you.

⚡️ [Shopify Themes]: Lightning-fast, Highly converting, SEO-optimized, Minimal.
⚡️ Need help with your store? [Get a quote]
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Thanks so much for your response.

I want to change the colour of each block., eg block no 1 #C8D0D5 and block no 2 #BAA0CB and also change the font to white and change the font size - how do I do this?

I've tried this but it doesn't work:

}
.picture-block {background-color: #C8D0D5 !important; }
.picture-block {background-color: #BAA0CB !important; }
}
.site-box.box__image-text .title { font-size: 5vmin !important; }
.site-box.box__image-text p { font-size: 1vmin !important; }

I now also want to change the spacing of the copy on the block headline font size and the text font size.

Thanks a million!

0 Likes
Highlighted

that's a bit complicated to explain I hope it's clear:

You've to inspect your DOM and find out the section id it looks something like this: <div id="shopify-section-1548362660068" >

once you find that, just do:

#shopify-section-1548362660068 .picture-block {background-color: red !important}
#shopify-section-2345362542069 .picture-block {background-color: green !important}

and so on... 

⚡️ [Shopify Themes]: Lightning-fast, Highly converting, SEO-optimized, Minimal.
⚡️ Need help with your store? [Get a quote]
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Thank you, I'm not having any luck. I think I can see the picture IDs but when I add them to the code it doesn't work?

By looking at this website would you be able to share the IDs of the content blocks that say Hand Loom and Block Print? https://readandbell.myshopify.com

I also need to change the copy (in the picture blocks) to white and change the font size - how do I do this?

Thank you so much

0 Likes