Automatic price adjustment according to the number of characters in the input field

Tourist
4 0 1

Hello everyone,

I am slowly despairing and I just can't get any further.

I have an input field in which, depending on the characters entered, the price should be projected.

Actually it is relatively simple, because the price per letter is always 69,50 € and the price should be multiplied by the characters entered.

Link to the product: https://www.buysam.de/collections/all/products/leuchtbuchstaben-b-30cm-hohe-kesse-buchstaben

Above you can already see the number of characters, but the calculation does not work.

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks and best regards

Silvio

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1079 171 198

Hi Silvio! 

Just had a look here and I have a few questions:

1) In the "Text" field shouldn't the number of characters entered here be reflected in the price? 

2) Is there a hard limit on the numberrof characters? 

Let me know!

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com
K&J
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

1) In the "Text" field shouldn't the number of characters entered here be reflected in the price?
screenshot.JPG

1. you write text in the input field
  2. here, the number of letters is automatically counted. of course, this should not be displayed later.
  3. every time you enter or delete a letter, the price should be updated immediately. one letter costs 69.95. two letters 139.90.

2) Is there a hard limit on the numberrof characters? 

• actually not. but typically there are not more than 15 characters. the question would be rather how to calculate spaces not as characters.

i hope i could answer your questions. i would be happy if you could help me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1079 171 198

Ok clear, very nice logic!

Not calculating spaces is actually possible as they can be identified and excluded, not a problem. We can assist on that should you be interested. Please reach out to contact@jhkcreate.com and we will take it from there. 

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com
K&J
0 Likes