Automation for gift card creation

Highlighted
3 0 0

HI, I'm setting up a referral program with one of the mentioned referral companies shared in a blog post on shopify. I would like to know if it's possible, via api, to automate the creation of gift cards for referrals or if it's only possible to generate gift cards manually through the admin area. I look forward to your response.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
60 7 3

Hello, @WebrealityNYC.

Elias here from Shopify Support.

Just to clarify, were you looking to automate the creations of gift cards for the Online Store or Point of Sale? Or through external integrations via API?

Our gift cards can be automatically or manually created, which is a feature included in the Shopify Plan or higher. Our system automatically creates the gift card when someone makes an online purchase for one. To learn more about this feature, please take a look at our Gift Cards guide.

Our POS also has the ability to sell gift cards on the Shopify Plan or higher, and you can choose whether to send digital gift cards or physical ones as well! For more information on this, please take a look at our help doc on selling gift cards on Shopify POS.

It is also possible to automate the gift cards via API if you are using an external integration but this is only available to Plus Stores at the moment. If you’re interested to learn more about this, feel free to take a look at our Gift Card API guide.

If you are not on the Shopify plan or higher, third-party apps may also be an option. I’d be happy to suggest some as well. Rise Gift Card and Loyalty Program is a third-party app with this functionality. If you require support with this app, you can also reach out to the developers directly through the contact information found in the Support section of their app page.

Would you be able to clarify which referral or Shopify blog you were looking at? Is there a particular reason you would like this done through API?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes