Bad quality slider images (Impulse)

Highlighted
12 0 0

Hey everyone,

I spent the last few days googling and reviewing different posts and comments, but still can't figure out what's going on. My website was migrated from woocommerce to Shopify and everything is working great, however, the slider images and product images are not as crispy clear on the website as they are in original format. 

It seems that shopify compresses the image and cropping them.

website

Any input is highly appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello 

Image size you have uploaded for slider is small than alloted size that why why image quality is bad in slider view.

Please upload large size image.

So that image will display properly.

Upload image of size like width:1560px height: 700px

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
12 0 0

My images are high quality, look much better on my local machine and looked better on the previous website that was a wordpress. It seems that Shopify is compressing and cropping the image for both, desktop and mobile.

Any recommendations?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
42 1 11

Hello @allurehemp,

How did you move your images from WooCommerce to Shopify? Maybe during the migration process, your images format on your old store doesn't match with the format on the new one on Shopify so that your all your pictures are not displayed in the original format.

I think you should migrate them all by using an automated migration tool which ensures to transfer all your data including images from your old store on WooCommerce to Shopify without error. But first, to ensure that your migration process will be smooth, you need to run a demo for free of this tool to preview how easily it works, and how your slider images will be moved, and displayed on the new store. Then contact to the support agents on their website for details about the Shopify migration, they always available when you have any question. Highly recommend!

I hope you will have a successful migration this time!

0 Likes
Highlighted
12 0 0

Not sure how any automated tool will help, but thanks for the recommendation.

It seems to be related to the theme as Shopify support checked another theme and it looked just fine there. They've escalated the issue to the theme developers. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
12 0 0

Here is a solution that improved the image quality;

1. Diable Parallax mode

2. Change image size to natural 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey There,

I have has the same issue with a transfer from Webflow to Shopify and can't seem to find an answer. It is definitely the theme settings as the image direct URL shows in perfect quality and then in the theme images are compressed for whatever reason.

Does anyone know if the theme team created a solution for this issue, or does anyone have a workaround to disable the theme image compressor?

Sheers.

0 Likes