Bank account information wrong

Wavvyk
Tourist
4 0 1

Don’t remember my old bank account information to update my new bank account information I stopped using Shopify cause I never received any of my pay outs cause of this issue how do I update with my old bank account information 

0 Likes
Finley
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
201 26 28

Hi @Wavvyk!

This is Finley from the Social Care team at Shopify.

Thanks for reaching out about this. We certainly want to make sure you receive your payouts.

Are you using Shopify Payments as your payment provider? If so, you may have noticed a failed payout message on the homepage in your Shopify admin, is that right?

When updating your Shopify Payments bank details, the old bank account details are required to prevent payouts from being sent to an unauthorized bank account.

To make sure we've covered all bases, please let me know if you've checked the following to confirm your bank account details:

1) Looking at a void cheque issued from your bank.

2) Logging into your online banking to locate your bank details

3) Contacting your bank to request the details.

4) Checking a paper statement from your bank

These are a few ways you can find out your old bank account details.

If you entered incorrect bank details or there was a typo, then our Accounts team will help you update your bank details.

I've sent an email to your Shopify Community email address to gather some information from you if we need to go that route.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers,

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Wavvyk
Tourist
4 0 1

The bank account was only open for one week about 2 year ago I have no access to it at all what do i do in this Situation

0 Likes
Finley
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
201 26 28

Hey @Wavvyk!

Thanks for getting back to me. If you're unable to retrieve the information via one of the four methods listed above, the best way forward would be to send a ticket to our Accounts team. They can help you update this information without the original bank information.

If you reply to the email I sent you yesterday, we can move that process forward.

Thank you!

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes