Blog Photo Showing featured image

Teaamour
Tourist
3 0 1

I just purchased a new theme on my store and the blog page has this featured image at the top. This was not in the demo. I need to this removed from my blog page. If this has to be coded out please help. The article liquid is practically blank on this page.

8DC92D88-64F2-4CEB-AF02-0D73329E31D3.jpeg

Replies 7 (7)

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

Hello @Teaamour,

Please share:
- your store URL;
- page URL with the issue you mention;
- storefront password (if your store has one).

If the store is not online yet, please follow this quick tutorial to learn how to safely and temporarily share an offline/unpublished theme URL.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.

Teaamour
Tourist
3 0 1
leungvi8
Shopify Partner
20 1 3

So I have a theory of this (as I'm also currently building a theme myself, and have experience with a few purchased and free themes). I own Wookie theme on themeforest (#1 theme) and I reference debut theme which is a free theme on Shopify.

- 1) Theme provides USUALLY does not provide the images you see in the images due to Stock image licensing. Meaning the theme developers own the images, but they can't resell the images provided in your theme, unless their images have a specific license.

-2) What you see are placeholder images, which are provided by shopify... so this is normal, as placeholder for owners, like yourself to replace.

-3) As to how to actually replace them, you have to go to the specific page (such as home page slider, or specific template), and it should be on the left navigation when you make changes to your pages. Sometimes this could be a little tricky if you're new to shopify, so I suggest you either look back on your themes documentation (provided by your theme developer), email them, or you can try get lucky with someone who might own that specific theme on this chat.

Best of luck!

Vince

leungvi8
Shopify Partner
20 1 3

Oh and in reference to your specific page... which is a blog post...it most likely will be the this location (image attached). Look for the title and find the blog. Featured image is usually where developers pull the image from.

Featured ImageFeatured Image

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

@Teaamour, do this to fix it in 20 seconds:

1. In your Shopify Admin go to: online store > themes > actions > edit code
2. Find Asset > theme--critical.css and paste this at the bottom of the file:

.blog--featured{
    display: none !important;
}

.blog--header--root{
    margin-top: 40px !important;
}

This code will remove the image from the blog page.

diego_ezfy_0-1621053771348.png

However, it's worth noticing that it is only showing that grey image because you haven't selected any images yet.

You also mention that this is not in the demo but it actually is, as you can see here.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.

Teaamour
Tourist
3 0 1

teaamour.com

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1133

Hi @Teaamour

Seem this is a section on the homepage. I suggest you should fine config in that section. I think it will config to upload image on that section.

If you can not find it, you can add me as a staff, I'll check it for you.

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Check out our Shopify migration app to migrate your online store to Shopify