Blog slideshow

Ken_Wilson
2 0 0

Hello everyone,

I am trying to put a slideshow into my blog posts. I write online comics, and controlling page turns is part of how I build suspense in the story.

I have found some inkling that themes can come with this as a built in ability. However none of the themes I have looked at either provide documentation on this or are paid themes, and I have no idea how to test the blog function while it's in preview mode.

Has anyone else run into this and can confirm that this is possible? I am looking at IRA, however the developer is closed on the weekend. I need to migrate to shopify by the end of the day. Any help would be appreciated.

Kenny

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1062 121 236

Hey, @Ken_Wilson 

I would recommend looking into a third-party image slider app such as Powr Image Slideshow. This app will allow you to create slideshows and then install them on specific pages of your site, including blog posts.

If you are looking for a specific slideshow to show on ALL blog posts, you can do that. Otherwise, if you want to inject the slideshow to show up on a specific part of a specific blog post (say in between paragraphs), that can do done as well! Illustrated below:

The app comes with a free plan that allows you to build one slide. From there, the paid plans start at $3.99/month.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Ken_Wilson
2 0 0
I have looked at that exact app. The load speed is over 3 seconds and the
app developer hasn't been very responsive with a solution. The told me I
need to look at the site waterfall. I have no idea what they were talking
about.
0 Likes