Blue circle beside the title code

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 0 5

Hi everyone !

blue circle 2.JPGblue circle.JPG

I am wondering if that blue circle is the reason that my website score is 12 ?

I'm beginner in coding, but before one week I delete the Aliexpress review app, and I found yesterday the code line that I should delete and I delete it, but the question here, The blue circle is causing that score 12 ? 

Really I would like to learn everything and do it by my self, I know that hard, but I want to do it

Best Regards,

Skyclothify

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @SkyClothify 

If I'm not mistaken the blue circle indicates a file that was modified.

Regarding your website's score I'd suggest that,, for now, you don't rely on the metrics Shopify shows you on their website. 

I have a store that I use exclusively for testing and it has absolute no files in it. Google PageInsights gives me a 100 for it while the Shopify score is giving me a 77... so I would not say it's (yet) very accurate. I'd recommend using GTmetrix to evaluate your website's speed. 

That said, your website is loading a ton of images initially that are completely unnecessary. This is adding at least a few seconds of loading to your website:

diego_ezfy_0-1600510489979.png

On the screenshot, you can see on the right side all the images that are being loaded on page load. There are about 10 images there, but the user can only see one. 

I'd recommend getting a hold of a Shopify developer to help you optimize & lazyload the images to improve the speed of your website. 

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Hire me! Recommended by 25+ customers on Facebook. Click here to read their reviews.
◦ Contact me at: diego.boarutto.fortes@gmail.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 0 5

Hi @diego_ezfy!

I really appreciate your explanation, I will check with shopify developer for help.

But if I want to optimize by myself, what should I learn? Is there any course or videos you suggested to I learn?

I have basic knowledge Programming in Html or C, C++, python

Best Regards, 

SkyClothify 

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

@SkyClothify 

You're welcome. 

Well, to be honest it's fairly complex.
There are no courses specifically for this because it's something you end up learning once you deepen yourself into Javascript and web development. Eventually it just becomes "obvious" what to do.

Perhaps a good analogy would be "what are the words I have to learn to talk about X subject in this language?".

You do use a few words to speak about a certain subject, but you need to know pronouns, verbs and so on and so forth to be able to understand & express yourself. The same happens with coding: without a proper foundation it's impossible to move forward since there are infinite variables that will come into your way.

With that said, if this is something you really wanna learn, I suggest to study Javascript in-depth from the basics.

With enough studying and time you'll understand that optimization is just a term for something "simpler" because now you do know how the whole thing works.

You can always follow tutorials like this one, which are amazing, but just like with an idiom they probably won't make much sense without knowing the basics.

I hope it helps you.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Hire me! Recommended by 25+ customers on Facebook. Click here to read their reviews.
◦ Contact me at: diego.boarutto.fortes@gmail.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 0 5

@diego_ezfy

I will try my best, but maybe, or for sure, I will hire one developer in the future, and I guess it will be you. 

I will try my best with the link you gave me. 

Thx a lot for your honest answer.

Best Regards, 

SkyClothify 

1 Like