Bought a domain, now trying to connect it to existing store but having issues

Solved
qichefitness
1 0 0

I recently bought a domain name and now trying to merge it with an existing store to use it as a primary domain name. The only thing is when going under Online Store > Domains and attempt to either Change Primary Domain, Transfer Domain, or Enable Redirection, I'm met with an error message. Do I need to deactivate the domain I bought and try and change the domain name to the store name on the existing E Com Fitness page? Please help. I am trying to launch my page and this is a big hold up. 

0 Likes
Elle
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1076 94 174

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @qichefitness 

To connect a third party domain to your Shopify store, you can simply follow these steps here. 

If this does not help and you are still met with an error message, then we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue.

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic.

Thanks!

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes