Solved

Brooklyn Theme: Add a theme styled button to "Pages"

BullandShepherd
Tourist
8 1 0

Hi,

I'd like to be able to add a theme styled button to some of the "Pages" in my site.  Ideally it would look the same as the Hero button on my homepage slide (which has the same look as my Add to Cart) button, etc).

I assume I can just add HTML code to the page itself, but I seem to be incapable to writing the code properly.

Can anybody help?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution (1)
BullandShepherd
Tourist
8 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Michal17 ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to help.  I've used your work as a starting spot to create a button with all the design elements I was looking for.  For reference, here's the code I ended up using .....

<div style="text-align: center;"><a href="https://bullandshepherd.ca/collections" style="color: #ffffff; background-color: #1f2021; font-family: Montserrat,sans-serif; font-weight: 600; font-style: normal; letter-spacing: .1em; text-transform: uppercase; padding: 12px 20px; font-size: .8125em;" class="btn hero__cta" tabindex="0"> Shop Bull and Shepherd</a></div>

Thanks again,

Steve

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Hi @BullandShepherd 

Sincerely hope you're having a great day!

I've read your problem and before providing a solution, would like to analyze your website. Then, I will provide a solution to you up here - on the forum.

Could you share your website URL? And if your website is password protected then also provide a password?

If you have any further questions, please do reach out either here on the forum, or via a private message/email.

BullandShepherd
Tourist
8 1 0

I've sent you a private email.  Thanks.

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Hi @BullandShepherd 

Hope you're a having great day! You're welcome.

Let me check it out and get back to you.

BullandShepherd
Tourist
8 1 0

Hi @Michal17,

Thanks!  I'll wait to hear from you.

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1135

Hi @BullandShepherd

You just need to add button with HTML structure: <a href="link" class="btn">Text Button</a>
Hope it clear to you.

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Check out our Shopify migration app to migrate your online store to Shopify

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Hi @BullandShepherd 

<a href="/collections" style="color: #ffffff; background-color: #1f2021" class="btn hero__cta" tabindex="0">Buy now</a>

Here is the code for the type of button you are looking for. This is the code of a button that would redirect visitors to the collections page of your store.

Please tell me where the button should redirect your visitors when they hit it. And I'll make sure to correct the code to your liking.

BullandShepherd
Tourist
8 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Michal17 ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to help.  I've used your work as a starting spot to create a button with all the design elements I was looking for.  For reference, here's the code I ended up using .....

<div style="text-align: center;"><a href="https://bullandshepherd.ca/collections" style="color: #ffffff; background-color: #1f2021; font-family: Montserrat,sans-serif; font-weight: 600; font-style: normal; letter-spacing: .1em; text-transform: uppercase; padding: 12px 20px; font-size: .8125em;" class="btn hero__cta" tabindex="0"> Shop Bull and Shepherd</a></div>

Thanks again,

Steve