Brooklyn Theme Slide Show Stopped Working

Solved
Excursionist
25 0 5

I have tried this code, but it isnt working for me.

any other suggestions?

the slider appears correctly, but will not animate, and the buttons do work either.

cheers

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1835 211 412

@RuthFlanagan what's your store URL?

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

We're all here because something is wrong with this theme's slider.  My site is vantashield.com.  I am currently trying to get this slider to work.  I have it set to 3 seconds.  There is not much you can customize here, so I don't know how I could have messed it up.   I may have to get into the code to fix it, so it might be fixed by the time you see this.

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Yep, fixed it using some code from another thread about this same "Brooklyn" theme.

Here is the solution: 

type this into the top line of your theme.js.liquid code.  This is found in theme>actions>edit code> assets> select the theme.js.liquid file, and paste this at the very top:

/*
 * Run function after window resize
 * http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2854407/javascript-jquery-window-resize-how-to-fire-after-the-resize-is-completed
 */
var afterResize=(function(){var t={};return function(callback,ms,uniqueId){if(!uniqueId){uniqueId="Don't call this twice without a uniqueId";}if(t[uniqueId]){clearTimeout(t[uniqueId]);}t[uniqueId]=setTimeout(callback,ms);};})();
0 Likes
2 0 0
Thank you!
0 Likes