Brooklyn Theme Slide Show Stopped Working

Solved
alexxjewerly
Tourist
3 1 0
Hello there,

We've been looking for a solution for hours now but without succeed. We was adding Size Chart and was messing a little bit with the code, I guess that's why slide show is broken now. We tried to put every document to original but it's not helping. I think at first when we tested Size Chart button everything was normal, but just recently I've discovered that the slide show on home page is broken now. 
If you can also check on mobile devices, you will see the arrows under slide show and that it won't show the second slide show picture which is there. And all text is gone from the main slide show picture along with Shop Now button
Appreciate any kind of help, here is the link: https://alexxjewelry.com/
0 Likes
Guleria
Shopify Partner
1255 263 347

Hello,

There is JS conflict which prevent it to work.
Please check screen-shot
console-error.PNG

Without theme code access its not possible to provide solution.
So please try to revert what you did recently or hire someone to fix it.

Thanks

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com, Skype: navrocks1
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you are happy and want to donate Click here (Its my paypal)
0 Likes
Visely-Team
Shopify Partner
1837 210 421

There is a JavaScript error that is preventing the carousel from fully loading. Here is the stacktrace:

theme.js?v=4719653161742176624:3887 Uncaught ReferenceError: afterResize is not defined
    at Collection.theme.equalHeights (theme.js?v=4719653161742176624:3887)
    at Collection.init (theme.js?v=4719653161742176624:2932)
    at new Collection (theme.js?v=4719653161742176624:2919)
    at Sections._createInstance (theme.js?v=4719653161742176624:117)
    at Sections.<anonymous> (theme.js?v=4719653161742176624:196)
    at Function.each (jquery-2.2.3.min.js?v=5821186314690718683:2)
    at n.fn.init.each (jquery-2.2.3.min.js?v=5821186314690718683:2)
    at Sections.register (theme.js?v=4719653161742176624:194)
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (theme.js?v=4719653161742176624:3971)
    at i (jquery-2.2.3.min.js?v=5821186314690718683:2)

Looks like there is a missing jQuery plugin or a pice of code that was defining afterResize function.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
alexxjewerly
Tourist
3 1 0

Thanks for trying to help!

Is it possible that one of this files is making the problems? 

theme.js.liquid

theme.scss.liquid

With this 2 files I can't find a way to revert changes, and if I remember correctly I did edit one of these 2 files?
0 Likes
Visely-Team
Shopify Partner
1837 210 421

The problem is the missing function, so you might have deleted some of the code within these files. One way as a quick fix would be to comment out the code in theme.js.liquid which uses afterResize. I don't about the side effects, but I was able to fix the carousel by commenting that code.

- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
Visely-Team
Shopify Partner
1837 210 421

This is an accepted solution.

Alternatively, you can try adding this piece of code to the top of your theme.js.liquid :

/*
 * Run function after window resize
 * http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2854407/javascript-jquery-window-resize-how-to-fire-after-the-resize-is-completed
 */
var afterResize=(function(){var t={};return function(callback,ms,uniqueId){if(!uniqueId){uniqueId="Don't call this twice without a uniqueId";}if(t[uniqueId]){clearTimeout(t[uniqueId]);}t[uniqueId]=setTimeout(callback,ms);};})();

alexxjewerly
Tourist
3 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

And that Sir worked really well! Thank you the code helped getting the website back to normal.  :)

0 Likes
shopNobag
Tourist
8 0 1

Okay, wow, so too bad for human error? I can't find the slide show on my site. Your answer is "hire someone"??? Im already spending a fortune on ad's

social media, and now you guys are hounding me for payment now I havent even been able to complete the website. HIRE SOMEONE, right, then why in the F 

do you guys advertise, "Oh it's so easy, use us, use Shopify". ?? Why? WHERE IS THE SLIDE SHOW????

https://no-baggage-express.myshopify.com/

0 Likes
Visely-Team
Shopify Partner
1837 210 421

@shopNobag sorry to hear about your experience. There are no errors in the console so most probably your issue is different from the issue originally posted here. From what I can tell looking at the code, the slider is in place, but there is only one slide setup at the moment of writing this. You might want to review your slider setup in the Theme Customizer.

0 Likes
MsJ08
3 0 0

Hello,

My site just went live and I'm running into the same problem.  Is there, by chance, a solution for the less code-savvy folks?

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes