Brooklyn Theme - footer issue

Tourist
4 0 1

Hi,

I'm designing a store using Brooklyn theme and I have an issue with the footer.

There's some kind of code showing at the bottom of the footer when I hit the preview of the page and I'm not sure how to remove it. There's a screenshot of it in the attachment.

I don't know what that means or what does it say, but I would appreciate any advice on how to get rid of it.

Thanks in advance.screenshot.png

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1843 170 525

Hi, could you share the preview password? You can change it later if you do not wish general public to continue previewing your store.

Also, have you added any apps recently or had someone make customisations for you on your theme?

Thanks!

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey,

Thanks for the quick response. The preview password is flydon and the web site is flying-donkey.com, as you can see from the screenshot.

I haven't added any apps or made any particular customization... All I've done was adding some products and that's it.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1843 170 525

Ma nezezaj! 😆Evo pogledacu sta nevalja ali mozda sutra ujutro. Kasno je.

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Haha :D ...super, kad god stigneš pogledati, cijenit ću bilo kakav input. Hvala još jednom ;)

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1843 170 525

Bok!

Hey, sorry for the late reply. Somewhere in your theme, either a template you have modified or one an installed app has modified forgot to add the opening <script> tag

This is missing

<script type="text/javascript">

before this

var collFilters = jQuery('.coll-filter');
  collFilters.change(function() {
    var newTags = [];
    collFilters.each(function() {
      if (jQuery(this).val()) {
        newTags.push(jQuery(this).val());
      }
    });
    if (newTags.length) {
      var query = newTags.join('+');
      window.location.href = jQuery('<a href="/?constraint=tag" title="Show products matching tag tag">tag</a>').attr('href').replace('/' + 'tag', '/' + query);
    }
    else {

window.location.href = '/collections/types?q=';

}
  });
</script>

I can't tell exactly where without access to the theme code you have.

Easiest way to find it would be to download your theme as a ZIP file, then unzip and do a search in a proper editor for a line from that script.

Best wishes!

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Karl, thank you for the advice - it worked. I found the exact part of the theme code you suggested and inserted the opening <script> tag and the code showing on the preview page was gone. Thanks once again. Živio! ;)

1 Like
Shopify Partner
1843 170 525

Nema na cemu i puno uspjeha sa stranicom :-)

0 Likes