Brooklyn theme - Cannot click on variant out of stock

Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1

Hi there,

Im using Brooklyn theme and Im wondering how to make clickable the variant product out of stock on product page in order to show the button "back to stock".

You can see it on the product page :

https://www.nature-stabilisee.com/products/arbre-bonsai-geant-stabilise-juniperus-procumbens

If anybody got an idea, it should be very nice.

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted

HI Marco. I see the 100CM variant that is out of stock on that page.
I understand that you want to make the out of stock variant clickable - you could potentially do this by enabling the 'Continue selling when out of stock'.

What I don't quite understand is what you mean by show the button 'back to stock'.
Can you explain this a bit more?

Do you happen to have an example of a store doing this currently?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1

Hello Edward,

Thanks for the answer.

If I enable 'Continue selling when out of stock', the product doesnt look like out of stock (the variant (size number) is not crossed out). And I cant accept to sell out of stock because the time to get back products is quite long.

mean by show the button 'back to stock' that I would like to use this app link here and when the products are out of stock, u can see a button where you can ask when the stock will be available again.

You can see on the web site exemple link here of this app, with brooklyn theme, as on my shopify store, it work perfectly. You can click on variant out of stock and see the button and the price.

Actually, I ask the support of this app, and they told me that this problem come from the theme.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Okay I understand now.

Did you already try integrating the Back in Stock app into your store?

Did you have someone customize the Brooklyn theme? Im asking because when reviewing the code - the theme name is coming up kind of odd.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1

Yes Back in Stock app is set up in my store.

And yes, I customize a lot the brooklyn theme, I follow tutos and I used to duplicate the theme before any changes, so I change the name.

Actually, from the beginning I got this theme, I could never click on variant product out of stock. I set up this theme in february 2017, I theme the brooklyn theme uptade are able to click on variant product out of stock.

I ask shopify support too, and they told me, they dont know why it doesnt works. May be I change something on the product page by mistake.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Marco_SaviI dont think this is just you.

I setup a development store with a fresh Brooklyn theme, added a product with varients, added in Back in Stock app and I have the same problem as you.

I cannot click the button for the variant that is out of stock.
Interestingly enough - when I switched to another theme - Debut - it worked fine. The difference is that Debut has a drop down instead of the buttons.

I wonder if you could update the product template to allow for variant button selection if something is out of stock?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1

I wonder if you could update the product template to allow for variant button selection if something is out of stock?

=> I dont get it. Can u say it in an other way ?

I found a way to do it : In product-template.liquid, you take off this : 

{% unless variant_label_state %} disabled="disabled"{% endunless %}

Actually, Im wondering if its a good solution. Any idea ?

1 Like
Highlighted

@Marco_Savi
I was thinking you could update the product template to make the button clickable. The template must be the thing that prevents the click.

Looks like you found it - I would say - take off the disable code - and test out what happens.

0 Likes