Solved

Can I add extra text to my Shopify store's browser tab?

Anonymshop
Explorer
82 0 17

Have a good day,

currently only the name of my store is in my browser tab.
However, I would like to add an extra text.
I've already tried to change the store name in the general settings. However, this did not work as desired, as the name changes everywhere as a result.

Does anyone have an idea and can we help?

Many Thanks!

Best regards

Accepted Solution (1)
Not applicable

This is an accepted solution.

No worries about that, misunderstanding is common in Shopify Community. 

Thank you for your explanation. 

<title>{{ seo_title }}</title> - then you just need to change the content of the <title> tag to a static value. At the moment, in each topic, the content of <title> is a variable that is constantly changing. In the case of the example we sent, this is the {{ seo_title}} variable. 

You then just write explicitly what you want instead of a variable.

For example: <title>Decode | official website</title> Then every page will have the same title.

Hope that helps you. 

Best Regards.

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

Not applicable

Hi @Anonymshop 

Hope this message finds you well and safe. 

The HTML tag <title>is responsible for the text in the browser tab. Located in theme.liquid: http://joxi.ru/krD86dPSKV3Kwr 
Did you edit this tag by any chance? Since this tag changes depending on the page. For example, for a product page in the title, there will be a Product name - Store name.

Try to replace your current title with this one: 

{% capture seo_title %}
{{ page_title }}
{% if current_tags %}
{%- assign meta_tags = current_tags | join: ', ' %} &ndash; {{ 'general.meta.tags' | t: tags: meta_tags -}}
{% endif %}
{% if current_page != 1 %}
&ndash; {{ 'general.meta.page' | t: page: current_page }}
{% endif %}
{% unless page_title contains shop.name %}
&ndash; {{ shop.name }}
{% endunless %}
{% endcapture %}
<title>{{ seo_title }}</title>

This is the default title configured for the Debut theme.

Before you change anything, create a copy of the current theme, and then edit it.

Anonymshop
Explorer
82 0 17

Many thanks for your response!

However, we do not want the browser tab text to change. We want us to be able to define what is in the tab and always display it.

With which code is this possible?

Best regards!

Not applicable

Hey @Anonymshop 

We understand that you don't want to change, we didn't quite understand what do you mean here: 

"However, we do not want the browser tab text to change. We want us to be able to define what is in the tab and always display it.

With which code is this possible?" 

Can you please provide more details, what exactly you want to display exactly. 

Hope for your answer. 

Kind Regards.

Anonymshop
Explorer
82 0 17

Oh please excuse me for making this so inaccurate!

We want the same text to be displayed in our entire online shop, regardless which page is accessed. The text should read: "decuse | official website". So to summarize again: Regardless of which page our customer is on, he should always see the same text in the browser tab, as written above.

I hope that this is understandable, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Best regards!

Not applicable

This is an accepted solution.

No worries about that, misunderstanding is common in Shopify Community. 

Thank you for your explanation. 

<title>{{ seo_title }}</title> - then you just need to change the content of the <title> tag to a static value. At the moment, in each topic, the content of <title> is a variable that is constantly changing. In the case of the example we sent, this is the {{ seo_title}} variable. 

You then just write explicitly what you want instead of a variable.

For example: <title>Decode | official website</title> Then every page will have the same title.

Hope that helps you. 

Best Regards.

Anonymshop
Explorer
82 0 17

Thank you very much for the solution

Nicolaidp
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

If you're still experiencing issues with changing the browser tab title, we have created an app that solves the problem. You can check it out here:

https://apps.shopify.com/easy-browser-tab

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3072

Hi,

did you change this setting ? please refer this URL,

https://www.templatemonster.com/help/shopify-how-to-change-browser-pages-titles.html 

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing
Anonymshop
Explorer
82 0 17

Hey, thank you very much for your answer.

We already tried the method on this website, but we couldn't find the Page Title section.

Did we make a mistake?

Best regards!

hopps
Tourist
44 0 1

Hey there! Glad to help.
Here is some valuable information.
https://app.hopps.io/videos/how-do-i-set-a-static-browser-tag-text-for-every-page-on-my-site-178a8d4... 

Happy day!