Bug with Live View not showing visitors on the new world map!

Formtech
Tourist
4 0 12

HI Guys, with the new update of the Live View.

I'm not seeing the real time data and visitor location on the New Zealand map, the data is not showing, can this be logged as a bug in the system? or is this google not parsing the data fast enough to the mapping software? Seems to be lag of some time for the "dot" to show as an active visitor on the site and location.

cheers jason

Replies 21 (21)

jwilson0215
Tourist
3 0 4

Yeah, same. I’ve never seen a viewer marker since the new update. 

sne888
Tourist
3 0 4

Same here

differentgifts
Tourist
8 0 1

same - is there a #ShopifyExpert available to help?

alexicortez
Visitor
2 0 2

I’m having the same problem 

Formtech
Tourist
4 0 12

Yes also suggested edit would be to have the level bars we had before, they give a better indication of the real time data and people on the websites.

Colour bars are not readable, ie the colours don't mean anything with out a key and that's not easy to read.

suggest going back to vertical bar indicators.

cheers

Katieree13
Tourist
3 0 2

Same here!! I’m not enjoying the new live view at all 😕

hodlrswiss
Visitor
1 0 1

Same here...

SeanMcEl
Shopify Partner
13 0 10

Same here. Doesn't seem to be a priority for Shopify experts though....

aarikascloset
Tourist
9 0 3

I am having the same problem! So frustrating. 

LisaMasq
Tourist
4 0 19

Same. This has been a sad update. I don't see any advantage to this new view from the old one, and I'm actually getting less data than I did before. I know that the user's location is still being tracked because in my reports I can see where my traffic comes from, but why is the live view no longer showing the user's location?

bbbyr
Visitor
1 0 0

I asked shopify support about this and I was told I didn't have enough visitors for the map to register.

We've had the same amount of visitors as before, if not more, so it wasn't a good enough explanation but they didn't offer any additional assistance. 

Formtech
Tourist
4 0 12

YES VERY SAD, I guess they are a big player now and little fish don't matter even when its the little fish that started the ball rolling with this platform.

I use tawkto and find it way better for  real time information and chat service:

https://dashboard.tawk.to/login

Integrates well with shopify and helps boost sales, use it most days.

cheers

Jason

sne888
Tourist
3 0 4

I wrote a post on their Facebook yesterday which they have been responding to. Here is the thread so far: https://www.facebook.com/shopify/posts/10157943506306881

uniqdsn
Tourist
5 0 8

If only they had some sort of.. community forum for this type of feedback.

---
https://uniqdsn.com
IndieEast
Excursionist
33 0 18

Thanks for sharing your link.  I complained on the other Shopify FB page a few days ago and again this morning, I think we should all be doing this so we get them to do something to fix this or give us partial refunds.   Shopify makes billions every year off of our hard work so they can fix this but they don't care!  Let's make all of our complaints heard and let them know on Social Media!  Everyone should know how Shopify treats its' customers.

idutta2007
Tourist
10 0 7

Today is 11/15/2021 and the issue still persists.  Bad! If this functionality does not work, please remove the link named  "Live View".  We don't need a globe for decoration.

Thanks

Indra

JunebugJewelry
Tourist
5 0 6

I am having the same problem with the update and don't see any visitors at all when it says that I have one.

IndieEast
Excursionist
33 0 18

I only just started having this issue 2 weeks ago and I'm shocked to visit this thread to find it's been an issue for months now.  I normally have well over 600 visitors to the site but it's only showing around 40 at the end of the day so it's way off.  I complained to customer service and they basically told me to use Google Analytics!! I am super frustrated that I pay for a service that's not fully working and they don't care!  If I could migrate everything to a different platform I would because this is an issue for months now and yet still no resolution and they don't seem to care.

Normally there is at least one or two support people that come out with a answer or on the other hand in strong defense of Shopify and write condescending responses, but where are they on this issue?  Not even one response from anyone to explain what Shopify is doing about this.  I'm going to facebook to see what's going on there.

uniqdsn
Tourist
5 0 8

I'm using Google analytics, the Shopify analytics haven't worked for me in months - I remember it used to work, even on the new globe, but I NEVER see visitors these days despite the site reporting multiple concurrent users, users with carted items, browsing, and checking out.

I'm paying for this service, why doesn't it work?

---
https://uniqdsn.com
IndieEast
Excursionist
33 0 18
Thank you for your input. The thing that gets me is that support (who are
now ignoring me), keep trying to send me a link about Google Analytics and
the 4 reasons it may not work as well and none of which apply to me. I've
had to ask why this is not working in about 4 different ways and even
complained on their FB page to get a response. This time I straight-up
asked why was it working all year until 3 weeks ago, and suddenly one
morning it's not, I get crickets.

Honestly, if I could migrate my website somewhere else, I would. For all
the billions Shopify earns from hard-working store owners like us, they
could easily fix this problem, but clearly they couldn't give a crap. I
am totally frustrated and pee'd off.
Formtech
Tourist
4 0 12
Hi,
Totally understandand fully agree. It hasn't worked from day 1 when I
started this thread 6 months ago. Still nothing.

As a work around and I must say works really really well for me is tawk to.
Chat and web monitoring as I can see each visitor, what pages they visit
and when they check out plus I've sold lots of stock via directly chatting
with themover it. Then it all gets emailed to me as history.

Very very good app to have.

Also the triggers are great depending what pages you are viewing.

Cheers jason