Bulk editing Google availability extremely slow or not working

TMHouse
2 0 1

I want to change a lot of products on my store to become available on Google. I have tried filtering to the products I want to edit, selecting them all (using the "Select all 50+ products in your store" button, which does make me worry if it's selecting everything in my filter or if it's selecting literally all products in the store) and then using the Add available channel(s)... command to make them available on Google. Simply put, nothing seems to change.

I've tried doing this to only a single product, using this same method (rather than going into the product itself) and it took much longer than expected to update (about a minute, though I don't see why it wouldn't be instantaneous). I've also tried highlighting a single page and submitting this command to just those 50 products and.. well, again, nothing changes. At least so far, maybe it's just excessively slow. 

Am I doing anything wrong? Is there a faster way of doing what I'm trying to do? I cannot import via the CSV editor because I have so many products that Shopify tells me the csv file is too large. Normally I'd use Matrixify, but there doesn't seem to be a way to import/export availability on specific sales channels using Matrixify. I don't want to have to scroll through all of the thousands of products on my store and manually make them available on Google. 

Renars
Shopify Partner
122 18 121

Hello @TMHouse 

Renars here from Matrixify (Excelify).

Amazing to hear that you are usually using the app for your bulk update tasks.

This is indeed an issue to bulk publish products to different sales channels.
Shopify API does not allow apps to manage or even see any other sales channels than Online Store and PoS, so apps are not able to do that for you.

As far as we have found - the only way to do this task in bulk, indeed is to select products in the admin all Products list and via change availability by using 'More Actions' -> 'Add available channel(s)...' option.

Hopefully, somebody replies with a better and more reliable way of doing that as we would love to document that too for other merchants.

Matrixify | Bulk Import Export Update | https://apps.shopify.com/excel-export-import | https://matrixify.app