CSV File Not Uploading

Highlighted
4 0 0

I am trying to migrate from SquareSpace to Shopify.  SquareSpace only gives me the wordpress .xml file which I converted to .csv UTF-8 and I still can't upload it.  This is the error message I receive from shopify: 

The following file(s) could not be added:

• Rock Candie Wordpress_SS pages to Shopify - Sheet1.csv couldn’t be uploaded because it is not a recognized file. Ensure you’ve chosen the correct file or learn more about which files can be uploaded

How do I go about fixing this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
655 35 105

Hi, @TB4.

Tira here, from Shopify Support.

I understand that you're looking to import your data from Squarespace to Shopify. Is that correct? 

If that's what you're hoping to do, then I recommend taking a look at our help doc: Migrating from Squarespace to Shopify for steps on exporting your data, importing your data and reviewing and updating your data from Squarespace. There are also some troubleshooting tips here.

Where are you uploading the file? Are you looking to upload products or customer data?

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
68 5 20

Hi @TB4 ,

You can follow this instruction: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/migrating-to-shopify/shopify-import/squarespace-migration#step-1-... and try again.

If it still doesn't work, LitExtension can help you out. All you need to do is handle your files for us and we will help you export the data from Squarespace, customize it to fit the format of Shopify, and then import them into your Shopify store.

For further assistance, please contact us via live chat on our website.

Best of luck,

LitExtension Team.

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!

Are you looking for a data migration solution? LitExtension team is here to help you out!
Contact us: litextension.com
FREE DEMO: https://cm.litextension.com/login
0 Likes