CSV Import - Missing Products

GeorgeTitus
3 0 0

Hello,

I am trying to import new products (from this CSV file) into my store.

The import is successful, yet when I go to look at the product list, some of my products are missing. You can see in this screenshot that Concentric Reducers, 180 Return, and a few others did not upload.

Can anyone help me identify why this happens?

Thanks.

G

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1981 144 423

Hey, @GeorgeTitus!

When using a product CSV, you will get an email after the import to make you aware of whether or not the CSV was successful. I tried the file on my end here which produced the following errors:

• Line 16-28: Validation failed: Inventory policy is not included in the list and Fulfillment service can't be blank
  • Line 52-54: Validation failed: The variant '3" / A234 / STD' already exists. Please change at least one option value

When reviewing the CSV file, and looking at the errors, you'll notice that lines 20 & 26 are missing values in either Inventory policy and Fuflullment service or missing values in both.

20-08-hg7h6-el5i9

You'll notice that you do in fact have a duplicate line appearing for the variant '3" / A234 / STD. You'll want to remove this line in order for the product to be imported successfully. 

20-08-mvko6-jl6m6

After fixing those errors, you'll notice you're greeted with a few more errors. 

• Line 15: ignored because handle 3r-90-elbow-buttweld-fittings already exists.
  • Line 38: ignored because handle tee-buttweld-fittings already exists.

I'm not sure if line 15 is meant to be alongside line 5, but due to it being on its own, this is why the error is appearing:

20-08-be3ho-z13d0

For the second error, you're missing a dash in the handle:

20-08-oul1h-hjf59

I added a dash and moved line 15 to line 6 which successfully imported all of the data with no errors in the import email. If you make these changes to your file then you should be good to go!

Let me know if you run into any issues.

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
ImportHell123
1 0 0

I have a similar problem

Im importing 200 products, the importer says 175 products.. it imports successfully but doesnt identify the 20 that could not import

Where am I supposed to see the row errors?

Help!

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1981 144 423

@ImportHell123 

If you're referring to the window when you first import the CSV, then that can be reporting incorrectly. You'll want to refer to the email you receive when the import has completed which will tell you the number of products imported, and if any of them failed. If any of them failed, it will tell you exactly what lines, and why they failed. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes