CSV Import error

Solved
SnowStorm0073
Excursionist
15 1 1

Hello everyone! I'm having a problem with a CSV Import and I have no idea what it is. Can someone please help me out with this. I have no idea what this means or how to fix it.

"51 Products with 76 SKUs and 96 Images were found. You can change the order of your column headings or edit your CSV file.

Please fix the following errors:

Line 2-6: Option value provided for unknown options"

Thank you everyone!

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2000 152 427

@SnowStorm0073 

Happy to help take a look here! Would you mind sharing a screenshot of lines 2-6, including the columns "Option 1 Name" & "Option 1 Value?"

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
SnowStorm0073
Excursionist
15 1 1

Screenshot (9).png

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2000 152 427

This is an accepted solution.

@SnowStorm0073 

Great, thank you! Taking a look, your file is missing two columns: Option 1 Name & Option 2 Name. These columns would need to be placed before the "value" columns: 

19-09-fo6o4-qxip0

If a product has an option, then enter its name. For example,ColorFor products with only a single option, this should be set toTitle.

In this case, Option 1 Name would be "Size" and Option 2 Name would be "color." 

Hope that helps! 

SnowStorm0073
Excursionist
15 1 1

Awesome! Thanks a ton Peter!

0 Likes

Hi there

I'm trying to import my products which I added some extra variants to, but get the "Option value provided for unknown options" error when I try to import. I have quite a few different options for about 100 products so it's over 6000 lines. Please can someone reach out to possibly assist? Not sure where I'm going wrong. I spent hours on this in Google sheets

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2000 152 427

@Nadia25 

To clarify, the products are already created in your admin, and you're trying to use a CSV file to add additional variants to the product? Is that correct? 

0 Likes

Hi Peter, thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, that's right. I used to only have one variant, but want to add another 2-3 variants.

For examples on a product page there should be a dropdown for customers to choose one of two options, upon selecting the first option there is another dropdown to choose colour, if the second option was selected on the first dropdown there is a dropdown to choose from another 2 options and each option has a third dropdown to choose colour.

So to recap the 1st dropdown option has 1 more dropdown to select colour, the 2nd dropdown option on the 1st dropdown has 2 additional dropdowns from which a selection has to be made....

Hope that makes sense

0 Likes

I used Excelify (free plan up to 10 products) to see what the problem is and it says that I should "add option values for Colour" which is the Option2 Name, but I have Option2 Values for all rows so not sure why it says that? 

0 Likes
Renars
Shopify Partner
80 13 72

Hello @Nadia25 

Sorry to hear about your trouble.

The issue in this case usually is that new variants are being added, with multiple options but existing variants that this product already has do not have Option2. So the error is actually returned for the variants that are not in the file.
When importing with Excelify this could be fixed in a few ways:

1. having identification for existing variants so that they are updated with Option2 instead of just adding new Variants. In Excleify you can identify Variant in a product by Variant ID (you can export this when exporting data with Excelify), Variant SKU or Variant Barcode (SKU and Barcode only if they are unique for each variant in a Product).
  2. If you do not have the Variant ID and cannot use SKU or Barcode, then you can use the Excelify template column "Variant Command" with the value "REPLACE". Then the app will delete existing Variants for that Product and replace them with only the ones that you have in the file.

So the issue also in Shopify native import most likely is that Shopify is only adding new variants and existing ones that only have Option1 Values are returning an error. Most likely @Peter can comment more on what identification can be used in Shopify native import so that it updates existing variants instead of only adding new ones.

If you have any more questions about Excelify, feel free to reach out to us directly.

Excelify.io | Bulk Import Export Update with Excel | https://apps.shopify.com/excel-export-import | https://excelify.io