CVS file fail

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
23 0 1
Hi there.
First of all my apologies if this post belongs to a different section. If so please move it. Thanks

Right. So I'm having a little problem while importing products using CSV file.
I'm getting an FAIL:
"Line 375-384: must be greater than or equal to 0"
...and I don't know what it means.
I had a very good look at the file ,multiple times and it all looks as it should.
Another strange thing is that file has about 3200 lines yet in the email I get this error even for lanes "4667-4676".
How is it? What do I miss?
Could someone please help me? Thank you in advance for any ideas and pointers.

As always stay safe and have a lovely day!

Kind regards
Theriion
0 Likes
Highlighted

There are a variety of columns that may require a value that is larger than 0. For example: Variant Grams, Variant Inventory Qty, Variant Price, etc...

Take a look at rows 375 to 384 and see if there are any with a missing value or a value that is not bigger than zero. A list of columns can be found here.

Another strange thing is that file has about 3200 lines yet in the email I get this error even for lanes "4667-4676".
How is it? What do I miss?

How are you determining that it only has 3200 lines? It's possible that you have some characters in cells below row 3200 or that there is whitespace characters in rows below 3200 (not sure if Shopify will ignore these –though it should). 

I'd use your spreadsheet program and select rows 3201 to 5000 or so. Just drag the mouse down and select a ton or rows then delete them and try again.  

ScreenStaring
Software Development & Consulting
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
23 0 1
Thanks for the advise but issue pressists.
I have already deleted all rows and columns beyond the area where data is. I tried creating new file and pasting values into it. While looking at the data in the file everything is ok. All fields are formatted as the should, all required data is entered and done so properly. I have tried everything I can think of. I don't know why else to do.;(

Kind regards
Theriion
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
714 106 265

Can you load the CSV into Google Sheets and share the link so we can have a look and see if we can spot the issue. If you don't want to share the URL publicly, then DM it to me.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
1 Like
Highlighted

Yeah uploading or emailing the spreadsheet is the best next step. 

ScreenStaring
Software Development & Consulting
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
714 106 265

This is an accepted solution.

@Theriion OK, I've taken a look at the file you sent me, you have two fairly minor issues.

- variant price cannot be a negative number (you have a number of these)

- compare at price (should not be the same as the variant price, again you have a number of these)

I downloaded your feed, changed those errors and did a test upload to a development store and it all imports fine, so the negative variant price is the problem but you may as well fix your compare at prices whilst you're at it.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
23 0 1

Hi @JonWright 

First of all apologies for late reply, I was very busy lately and simply forgot to reply to you. 

Your advice was spot on. I cannot believe that I was looking at the file for so long and so many times and still didn't notice those pricing errors. Its simply embarrassing... 

Anyhow, thank you very very much for your help. Your'e a top man! 

Thank you! and stay safe! 

Kind regards 

Theriion 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
714 106 265
No problem.
0 Likes