Can I delete themes from my theme library I am no longer working on?

Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi there! 

I am creating a site and because I have hired certain web developers to do little coding jobs, I have ended up with a lot of themes in my library as they create a new theme every time they work on my site. 

Is it possible to delete the themes I no longer use and only keep the one theme that I am planning to publish? Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 12.21.35 pm.png

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
82 21 22

Hi @Will48 ,

Dani here from Shopify!

If you know that you will no longer be using these themes then you can absolutely remove them from your theme library. To do this click Actions > Remove next to the theme files you no longer need. Take a look at our help doc here for a tutorial on this.

You can have up to 20 themes in your library, so by no means do you have to remove them. I do understand wanting a clean workspace in your admin though!

I noticed you're transitioning to the Prestige theme! What features made you decide to go with this one? I know you're already working with developers but I thought you may be interested in our free Shopify Academy course - How to Design Your Online Store (with Zero Design Experience). This course goes over all the tips and tricks to optimize your site for conversions.

Have you already considered how you are going to promote your store for the busiest shopping season of the year, Black Friday/Cyber Monday? Our team has created our BFCM toolbox to ensure you make the most of this time of the year!

Let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to continue helping you.

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes