Can I retrieve product type through the webhook?

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

I'm trying to distinguish between different products after receiving the data from webhook. Ideally, I'd like to be able to see the product type in the system that the webhook passes the data to.

Is there any way of seeing the product type in the data sent by the /orders-paid webhook? Or would I need to distinguish the product types using some other value?

Thanks!

Willie

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

A little more background on this.

The store will stock various different products for automotive customers. We will sell merchandise, accessories (for vehicles) and some intangible goods. Some of the accessories will require a mechanic to fit the accessory to a customers vehicle. 

These 'fitting required' products need to be shipped from a warehouse to a nominated mechanic who will fit the prduct to the customers car. We need to identify when one of these products is sold so that we can notify the mechanic, warehouse, and customer.

The only information that we can use, to decide whether or not to send a notification, is the data from the webhook. As far as I'm aware.

Ideally we could use the product type, as this is best suited to what we need. Is there any way of retrieving the product type through the webhook on sale of the product? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Anyone able to help on this? 

0 Likes