Can someone help how to change this please?

Solved
Angharad
2 0 0

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 12.42.19 PM.png

Im trying to change the titles underneath strapping lingerie etc. Does anyone know how I do this please?? 

Thanks so much super super stuck.. 

Angharad x

0 Likes
BrianAtWork
Shopify Partner
242 58 144

Hey @Angharad,

You're trying to update the title and/or description of your sitelinks. To do this you must first modify the SEO for each page that you want to change.

Once you've made the changes, Google will automatically update your search results. However, it may take days or weeks before Google crawls your website and detects the changes.

Here's an example of how to change your 'bras' collection's sitelink description:

Edit the title and meta description for a page

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Products > Collections.

2. Click the 'Bras' collection.
  3. In the Search engine listing preview section, click Edit website SEO:
  4. In the Description field, enter a description for the search listing.
  5. Click Save.

Just remember, it may take days or weeks before you see the changes reflected on Google –– and unfortunately, there's no way to speed up the process.

Let me know if this answers your question or if you need further help!

Brian | Shopify Partner | Ecommerce Consultant
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution  
 - Need further assistance? Visit www.BrianAtWork.com

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
880 57 135

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Angharad!

Ava here from Shopify :)

Sure, you can easily change these titles! The words that pop up there under your collection titles on Google search would be the meta description for each collection. A meta description is a snippet of text that provides a brief summary of a web page, which will show on a Google search. There is some more info here on SEO keywords.

To edit this text, you can go to your Shopify admin and select Products, then go to the Collections tab. Once you get there, you can select the collection you want to edit. Scroll to the bottom of the collection page until you see the Search Engine Listing Preview. Here, you can click 'edit website SEO'

02-32-4g5ep-j2twg

Here you can edit the description! To do this in bulk, you can go to Products > Collections > Select all collections > EditThere is an article here for some tips to write a great meta description. This can also apply to your whole store! You can add a meta description for your website if you go to the admin and select Online Store > Preferences. Just select 'Meta Description' in the 'add a field' section! You can edit them all at once this way.

This brief piece of text can highly influence whether or not a customer will click through to your website, so it's important to have something informative written there. Google will also take into account how descriptive and rich in keywords this text is; if Google thinks this meta description describes a website that will be useful for the person searching for certain terms, it will rank your website higher in the list of results it shows the user. This would be an important step in building your stores SEO (Search Engine Optimisation), which will bring more traffic to your site in the long run. SEO can be tricky to learn, as it is more of an art than a science. There is a great blog post here that will help you get to grips with it! There are also a few things you can do to help increase your stores' visibility online, I've included some links below that could help you out:

* Submit your sitemap to Google
* A Beginner's Guide to Content Marketing
* Ecommerce SEO 101 Video Series 

* Find out more about blogs                                                   

Let me know how you get on!

Ava                                               

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Ned84
1 0 0

I am having theScreenshot 2021-06-14 at 21.42.21.png same issue but the preview ing google is showing "Collections" which is All Collections and "Products" which is All Products. How do I update the copy thats getting shown here?

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
880 57 135

Hey @Ned84!

That does seeme strange, can you see that text anywhere on your website? If not, it may have been text that you've since updated, but the updates haven't filtered through to Google yet. Can you try submitting your sitemap to Google so they will have the most up to date version of your store on file to show in search results?  There is a video tutorial below on how to update your sitemap via Google Merchant Centre! 

This will force Google to crawl your website for updates, so your search listings will show relevant info. It may take 2-3 weeks for Google to do this, as the crawls can take a while to register. 

Have you updated the meta description for each Collection/Product/Blog page yet? If you wanted to update the meta descriptions before you move ahead with the Google crawl, we have a great blog post here that will give you tips on what keywords to include to bring traffic to your store.

Let me know what you think!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes