Can someone please help. Do you know why customers can edit my shop while it is live?

Solved
2 0 0

I believe my store is live because I typed the website name in a browser and my shop came up. To test if my store was live I put an item in the Cart and was able to apply a discount code. I did not follow through with the checkout process though.

So it seems like when I open my store website, there is a big "S" that stands for the Shopify logo. And when I click that "S" it asks me to edit the page.

How do I take the Page Edit off when my shop is live. Otherwise my customers can edit my page.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
121 16 21

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @BriannaQ 

Eunice here from the Shopify team, thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community!

Don't worry! Customers won't be able to edit your store, this can happen when you haven't logged out of your Shopify admin. Are you seeing something similar to the image below?

f0hwb-7uy6v

Only you will be able to see this when viewing your store from the same browser logged in to your Shopify admin. 

If you were to visit your site in incognito mode, or from a different device that isn't logged in to your admin, you shouldn't see the option to edit. Please test this and let me know if this isn't the case!

Good job on testing your storefront by the way. It's important to ensure everything is working as it should be. Did you know can make test orders? By placing a test order, you can make sure that your checkout process and settings for order processing, inventory, shipping, email notifications, and taxes are all correct. You can find out how to place a test order here.

Cheers!

Eunice | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thank you so much! What you said is true. When I go to my website on a different browser I don't see the option to edit the site. Thank you for informing me about the test orders.

Thank you,

Brianna

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
121 16 21

You are most welcome, I am so pleased that fixed the issue for you!

All the best with your store, enjoy the ride and remember we're always here to help you.

Eunice | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes