Can't Connect Facebook Account

MonicaB
1 0 0

I've been trying to connect my Facebook business account to Shopify for 2 months. It never works. I've followed all of the directions in the help center and it still is not working. I have owner role in FB. 

The error message says:

To sell on Facebook, you need to have a Facebook Page for the account you’re signed in with. You also need to have Admin access for that account. If you don’t have a Facebook Page for your store, you can create one.

I AM logged into that account, I am the owner of the page. 

I cannot find a phone number to contact anyone and would appreciate any tips!

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
987 96 147

Hello, @MonicaB.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand you’re running into some issues connecting your Facebook Page with the Facebook Shop, despite being the page owner. Our Technical team has found that page roles, such as Owner, Custom, or Jobs Manager, won’t always work when connecting the Facebook Page as these roles have certain restrictions. That said, if you can change your page role to Admin, that might resolve the issue. 

There’s another community thread that’s been able to help our merchants connect their Facebook Page and address a few different issues, that’s right over here: Can’t Accept Terms for Facebook. Although the thread started with a different Facebook issue, it’s compounded a couple of issues and solutions from other merchants - so be sure to check the other pages as well.

Let me know if changing the role to admin helps! If not, or if you have any other questions on this topic, don’t hesitate to let me know in the thread!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
banjtc
1 0 0

hi, i have the same problem. i am the owner of my shopify page, i am the admin of my facebook page. however, i cannot connect my shopify and my facebook.  tried following all the tips posted here. is there any thing else i need to do? 

Screenshot 2020-08-16 12.48.28.pngScreenshot 2020-08-16 12.48.45.png

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
998 61 164

Hey, @banjtc.

Tira here, from Shopify.

Thank you for these screenshots and I appreciate you troubleshooting this on your own. 

This error message will show if:

1) Your page isn't published. 

2) You aren't an admin on the Facebook page. 

3) Your page doesn't have the "Shopping" template.

Could you confirm your Facebook page meets these requirements? Check out our help doc for a list of these requirements here: Facebook Set-up Requirements.

Were you able to follow the steps from the community thread that @Elias linked earlier? If you have, could you confirm which step you aren't able to move forward from? If you have a screenshot, please paste that here so that I can take a look. 

I look forward to chatting with you,

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes