Can't Select Product Variants or Sizes

BestWearClothes
Visitor
2 0 1

Hello guys, I really need your help here. When I'm trying to select a variant or size in my shop. It won't let me select it. The thing is that it works just fine for the first 2-3 seconds after visiting the site. Check it out here: 

https://bestwearclothing.com/collections/women-jackets-coats/products/s-5xl-faux-fur-teddy-bear-coat...

Replies 6 (6)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 368

Hey, @BestWearClothes!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Thanks so much for sharing the link to your product page. Given the fact that you mentioned the issue resolves itself after 2-3 seconds, I'm getting the sense that this is an issue with either your internet connection or your site speed.

However, I've tested this out here on my end by attempting to select different variant options and I'm not experiencing any issues doing so. If you're still not able to select any variants, then it sounds like this may be an issue with your internet connection. Have you tried doing this using any other browsers, devices, or internet connections? 

Aside from this potentially being a local issue, these types of problems can arise when stores are bogged down with too many apps and custom features. Taking a look at your site, your theme looks quite heavily customized, which can definitely impact site speed. I would suggest limiting the apps that you're using, as they could be slowing things down. It might also be worth reaching out to your theme developer for assistance as there may be a bug in your theme's code. 

It would also be a good idea to review our help doc on improving your online store speed. There, you'll learn about some other factors that may be impacting your site performance, along with some suggestions on how you can improve it. 

I hope this helps, but if you're still experiencing the same issue, feel free to respond here and let me know! It would also be great if you could share a screen recording of the issue so I can get a better understanding of what's going on. 

Looking forward to your response!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

BestWearClothes
Visitor
2 0 1

Hello, thank you for trying to help me . I have fortunately fixed my problem by myself !

divingspecials
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, could you be so kind to tell us what helped? We are facing the same issue. Product variants cannot be selected on our shop www.divingspecials-shop.com 

tim
Shopify Expert
3274 235 1183

@divingspecials 

There are several Javascript errors in you developed tools console. The root cause seems to be the following line, most probably in your theme.liquid  layout:

window.custom_engraving_price = ;

Should be somewhere right above the {{ content_for_header }} line. There probably is some liquid code to the right of the equal sign, but for some reason it renders to empty.

This is the first thing to pay attention too.

If my post is helpful, consider liking it -- it will help others with similar problem to find a solution.
Stephanie397
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Tim 

Our website is not able to select variants as well. Would you be able to take a look at it please? Thanks 🙂

www.kizclub.co.nz

Jj46
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey it's definitely not the Internet speed because me as well as multiple other shopify customers are having the same issue can you please give us an answer to this problem because everyone including myself has had an issue and not a solution It clearly is not the Internet speed Can you please show us how to fix this