Can't access shopify help center

Highlighted
3 0 1

So, I just created a Shopify id and now I can't access the Shopify help center. 

When I click any of the links in my store or on the Shopify website to get help, it takes me to https://help.shopify.com/en

but I get this error message: 

500 Internal Server Error
If you are the administrator of this website, then please read this web application's log file and/or the web server's log file to find out what went wrong.

I tried emailing support@shopify.com but of course that doesn't create a help ticket anymore.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on what to do? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
678 50 152

Hey, @juliea456!

Julie here from Shopify Support. First off, welcome to Shopify; it's so great to hear that you've recently signed up!

I'm also glad to know that you've been relying on the Shopify Help Center. While I don't recognize that particular error message, I'd like to rule out any potential local issues by having you try these troubleshooting steps:

• Make sure you're using a supported browser; we always recommend Google Chrome.
  • Clear your cache and cookies.
  • Try on another web browser and try within the browser's incognito mode (in Chrome, you can access this in File > New Incognito Window).
  • Ensure the web browser is up to date on the latest version (Chrome has instructions on how to find out if your browser is up to date here).
  • Try another device such as another computer or a cellphone.
  • Try another internet connection (example, switch to a cellular network on a phone rather than WiFi).

Typically, these types of issues can be resolved by completing some of the actions above, so hopefully this helps! 

I also wanted to address your concern about contacting Support and clarify that our Support team no longer has an inbound email address. Instead, you can find all of our existing contact methods on our Support page here. If you are still unable to access this page, then you can also reach out to us 24/7 via Twitter or Facebook.

That being said, I'd love to make sure we can get you access to the Shopify Help Center so you can take advantage of our resources there. Let me know how those troubleshooting steps go!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes