Can't change checkout language. Button disabled.

Chompas
Tourist
6 0 5

Hi,

I'm having a critical issue which is forcing me to postpone my website launch at the moment and I've reached customer support 3 times already and all I got was wrong answers.

I'm not able to change the checkout language under Settings > Checkout. The button is greyed out.

Screenshot 2019-11-08 23.22.22.png

I've contacted support and they gave me multiple answers just as "this is a security feature" or "it was automatically disabled" or "the developers are looking into it". These is all the information I have so far to see if someone can help me:

• My setup is Checkout only (I do not have a Shopify store)
  • The button was working before and I've switched the language a few times.
  • A few days ago when trying to work with translations, customer support told me to try different translation plugins, none of them were available to install since they required a Shop in order to work, except one: WeGlot . I was able to install this plugin but then it failed to work because I don't have a Shop (probably the guys from WeGlot are missing the precheck) so I immediately uninstall it. I'm mentioning this item because I'm blindly guessing that plugin could have messed up something.
  • I had custom notification emails but after talking to a customer support I was told it could be a problem for changing the language to I reset all back to default. The button is still greyed out.

I'm really desperate since I want to be able to change this for my checkout and notification emails and Shopify is just not giving me an answer and when they do, they have nothing to do with my problem.

I'm asking here because this may have happened to other people before. I'm willing to try any change needed in the checkout settings to see if I can bring this back.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
weglot-team
Shopify Partner
21 0 6

Hey,

I can help. I'm from the developer of Weglot and actually know some stuffs about the checkout + languages :)

Can you email me your website URL to support@weglot.com, and ask for "Rémy", I'll look personally at your case

Best

0 Likes
GARESIOVINI
Tourist
8 0 1

@weglot-team wrote:

Hey,

I can help. I'm from the developer of Weglot and actually know some stuffs about the checkout + languages :)

Can you email me your website URL to support@weglot.com, and ask for "Rémy", I'll look personally at your case

Best

Hello, we are experiencing the same issue.  Yesterday I've changed the language of the checkout button from english to italian, from "Check out" to "Vai al pagamento" and now the button is greyed out and is not working anymore (even if i change language again.. the button still remain compromised). I can't sell anymore! please HELP!!!!

0 Likes
rwf
Tourist
6 0 2

Same here.