Can't connect Facebook as Sales channel

Solved
SachaBC
Excursionist
50 2 2

Hello,

I tried connecting my Facebook page with Shopify, but couldn't. I do everything I get told to, get the message that it worked, but after that, I still get this message in the sales channel.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-25 um 17.12.22.png

What can I do to fix this problem? I even have to select a facebook page to connect to, so this message doesn't make any sense.

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1748 194 436

Hey there, @SachaBC 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Can you check whether Shopify has access to your pages in your Facebook Business Integrations? You can do this by clicking View and edit beside Shopify here.

08-59-lbwud-3t38l

If Shopify already has access to your pages, try the following steps:

1. Delete the Facebook Sales Channel
  2. Remove "Shopify" from your Business integrations. Then log out of Facebook.
  3. Re-install the Facebook Sales Channel and attempt to connect.

If the above steps do not work, suggest they click Connect another page or Disconnect it and connect another page here:

2019-02-20_08-55-49-p5j4u-xh2t9

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

Bo

Bo | Retired Staff Member

0 Likes
SachaBC
Excursionist
50 2 2

@Bo still same problem... and I don't have the hyperlink you mentioned in my message. Here is the page for me:Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-28 um 20.18.28.png

0 Likes
SachaBC
Excursionist
50 2 2

I've found something interesting. I connected all of my pages to shopify, and now it works, but only with a page I don't want to use.

And the page from my shop isn't even available. For others, I can't select them because they are not active, but I don't understand why my page for my shop isn't listed at all.

0 Likes
SachaBC
Excursionist
50 2 2

Managed to fix it. Had to change the roles in the facebook page settings.

0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1748 194 436

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @SachaBC 

Really glad to hear you got this resolved. Just to clarify for anyone else out there, you can verify that you have permissions by:

1. Viewing the page in question when logged in on Facebook
  2. Going to "Settings"
  3. Then "Page Roles"

21-50-9xgxe-u37az.png

The screenshot must look exactly like the above. Do not move forward without confirming the above in the screenshot.

Please note: If the Facebook page was created less than 7 days ago, or Admin Access was granted to the user less than 7 days ago, please reattempt the connection after allowing this timeframe. Facebook API has a delay of 2-7 days in allowing third parties to recognize the Admin status of the user.

If the above does not correct the issue, there are further troubleshooting steps that we to complete:

First, ensure that the page is published and they have Admin privileges. This can be seen in the Settings > General of their Facebook Business page.

12-43-yu8zb-0g8ee.jpg

If you are seeing "reconnect account" in the Facebook sales channel, please go to Settings > Sales channels and delete Facebook Shop. When you add it back on, you should then see "connect account" where there's no cache of their previous session.

15-49-2ppxc-szce0.jpg

If you have the correct permissions, see "connect account", and the Facebook Business page is still not appearing for you, please disconnect and reconnect Shopify permissions on your Facebook account.

• First, ensure you are logged into the store with the Facebook page you want to grant permissions to.
  • Go to settings > Business integrations (https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools&section=active).
  • Remove the integration that is giving the error, in this case: Shopify.
  • 12-39-v3nso-yk072.jpg
  • After removing the integration, please log out of Facebook entirely.
  • Log back into Facebook on a private browsing window (like incognito in Chrome. Or a browser they don't use often to rule out a cache issue).
  • Go back to Shopify and attempt to connect the Facebook page on the Facebook Sales channel.

The account should then be linked up and the connection should start!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Retired Staff Member

Thomaspark
2 0 1

Wow... what a perfect answer for me.

I've wasted for several days before finding this solution.

Thanks so much!

portergulch
2 0 0

Hey,

I am not able to connect the Facebook channel to Shopify. I had previously been connected via Facebook Shop and Instagram but realized about a week ago that the product tags on my Instagram page are showing outdated sales prices. I think the reason is that the Facebook Sales Channel will not connect even though my Facebook Account, Business Manager and Facebook Page and Instagram Page all show as connected. I have spent days trying to figure out what's going on: 

Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 9.54.46 AM.png

Anyone have any ideas?? I've spent an hour in my Facebook settings and I don't see anything there. 

Thanks

0 Likes
alyssa44
1 0 0

I tried the above steps and still cannot connect my fb page. please help!

0 Likes
AudreyC
1 0 0

I'm in the same boat. Did you manage to solve it?

0 Likes