Can't edit text or images

2 0 0

Whenever I try to add text or images to the "image with text section", it pops up with the error : Setting 'text' is invalid. Attribute 'data-cur="cursor"' is not permitted on tag '<p>' and Attribute 'data-cur="cursor"' is not permitted on tag '<p>'.

I don't have any coding knowledge so it would really be appreciated if u were to help me out. The same thing happens when i try to create a button.

Edit: I can't do anything, whenever i try, the error pops up, i try to save, the error pops up AND IT WONT SAVE. this is getting me angry because ive had to redo my store 2 times already and i dont feel like doing it again.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
766 87 139

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. Are you using a free Shopify theme? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for replying! I'm using Brooklyn which is a free theme.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
766 87 139

Perfect. Could you share your domain or your MyShopify URL and I'll be happy to take a look at adding an Image with Text section from my end here? 

Are there any screenshots you could also share of the error that you are receiving? Thanks! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Wait, the only solution to this is to have Shopify to do the edits for us? I mean...that's ridiculous, I'm also facing the same issue but as I'm generating the page it's practically impossible to manage asking you guys to do any change I can think about as I'm in creation mode. Any other better solutions to this at the moment?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Also, forget about editing the code, whatever this `liquid` language is, it's very complicated to run the changes ourselves, why not use just plain simple react + raw css? I'm an engineer and I cannot understand what's happening in the page, plus most of the classes on the dom does not correspond to the classes on the stylesheets, and when it does then the css is behind some unaccessible variable...I wish there was a better way to handle these things, I feel like I need to get a paid theme so I can actually get a solution.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I literally went to the `rich-text` file inside of the theme and searched for `css_cs_cursor` `id` and couldn't find it anywhere....

0 Likes