Can't figure out where a piece of code is coming from, can't remove it

Highlighted
Excursionist
16 1 4

Help! I can do most things on my store but i can't figure out where this piece of code is coming from and it's stuck on my product page

">

this is what's being displayed underneath my breadcrumbs on any product page
https://monoporium.com.au/products/white-signature-distressed-t-shirt example page, please help me

theme name: shella

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
701 105 205

Go to Sections -> product-template.liquid -> try  to find out this "">" and remove it

If this solution works, then please accept it as solution and like.

If you want any Shopify theme customization, making Website, App development in iOS and Android, Please feel free to contact me.

Email: parambabla.soft@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 1 4

My store doesn't have a product-template.liquid
i've tried searching in all product files and i don't know why its there because it doesnt exist in my code

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 64 124

Hi there @Ronann!

Don here from Shopify.

How you would be able to seek support for a theme will depend on who developed that theme to begin with.

As this is not one of the free Shopify-built themes, you would just need to consult your theme developers for support rather than us here at Shopify.

I had a look for a theme of that name in our theme store but was not able to find any results.

Do you know who developed this theme for you or where you can contact them for support?

If you're unable to find support for this, you can always consider hiring a Shopify Expert to provide troubleshooting service.

You may also be lucky enough to have a fellow community member here pitch in with their expertise.

Would you just be setting up store still for this business, or have you been selling here a while already?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
10007 116 1823

Don't do the above suggested from paramSoft. The thinking is on the right path but removing may in fact make things worse. It looks like you (or someone) has added this code..

<div class="esc-size-matters-preinstall" id="preinstall-e869d6908b24a4d5cefb48444d9d8ec0"></div>

... but it's not been added correctly. 

In your product.liquid section you'll have something like this:

<meta itemprop="description" content="{{ product.description }}<div class="esc-size-matters-preinstall" id="preinstall-e869d6908b24a4d5cefb48444d9d8ec0"></div>">

If I was to make the HTML not broken I'd change it to this:

<meta itemprop="description" content="{{ product.description }}"><div class="esc-size-matters-preinstall" id="preinstall-e869d6908b24a4d5cefb48444d9d8ec0"></div>

But don't copy and paste the above, just use it as a guide. Your liquid could differ slightly.

At the very least compare the differences in the last two blocks and see if it helps point to where you made a minor error. Since that looks like app related code you could reach out to the app dev for help too or perhaps re-read the install docs if they have any.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
701 105 205

Would you mind to DM me your store ID and password so that I can solve your problem

If this solution works, then please accept it as solution and like.

If you want any Shopify theme customization, making Website, App development in iOS and Android, Please feel free to contact me.

Email: parambabla.soft@gmail.com
0 Likes