Can't login on password page

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi!

I've just made a webshop with the trial plan but when trying to enter the store I can't login on the password page. When clicking the "Enter with password" button nothing happens. 

The link is: https://mignon-juwelier.myshopify.com/

Thanks in advance :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
294 33 45

Hi, @dwaynedebets !

Thanks for reaching out about this. If you're trying to sign in to your Shopify account, generally you'll want to sign in at https://accounts.shopify.com. It sounds like you're trying to sign in via the storefront password which is actually in place to protect the website while it's under construction from public traffic. You can learn more about your storefront password page and how to enable/disable it here. The password will be different from what you're using to sign into the backend of the account.

Alternatively, I find it easier to remember to add '/admin' at the end of your myshopify.com URL to sign in. I'd recommend bookmarking https://mignon-juwelier.myshopify.com/admin

Hope that helps!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

thanks for the quick response. I get can get in the shop without a problem when logging in through my shopify account. The problem is that I need to show the webshop to a colleague without sharing my account details. When he clicks on the "enter with password" button, nothing happens. This seems to only go wrong when using a PC, on mobile I'm redirected to a page where I can enter the password I made.

Hope that clarifies my problem :) 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
294 33 45

Thanks for the clarification! I see exactly what you mean now. What's the name of the theme you're using?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi @Oliver 

I stumbled upon this thread while experiencing the same problem, with the only difference that the login page also does not show in the mobile version.

The are using the debut theme. Maybe you could still have a look into this issue?

Looking forward to your reply and best regards

Chris

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
294 33 45

Hi, @Regulski 

I'd be happy to look into this with you! I just want to run a few questions by you so that I have a better idea of what you're experiencing.

1) Does it happen to work on another device or in different browser? 
2) Have you made any changes to your Debut theme code?

Hope to hear from you soon!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi @Oliver ,

thanks for your reply. I'll make it quick and short:

1) no
2) yes

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
294 33 45

@Regulski 

Thanks for getting back to me with this. Since you're using a Shopify developed theme, this may be something our theme developers can help fix up for you. I'll be sending an email to you shortly so we can get you authenticated and take a closer look on the back end together.

All the best!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

experiencing the same problem.

Does not seem to be related to mobile phone, browser instead : works fine with Safari and Chrome, but for example does not work with Internet Explorer 11 on desktop.

The same with an old Huawei browser on old mobile phone...

Urgent help appreciated.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
294 33 45

Hi, @juliendebray !

In this situation it sounds like you may possibly be using some unsupported and out of date browsers. Internet Explorer was discontinued and replaced by Microsoft a little while back with their new browser Edge. You can find a full list of our supported browsers here, but I'd probably recommend using Chrome specifically. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards!

0 Likes