Can't login to store after buying domain name

Henry151
4 0 0

Hey, I recently set up https://churchofbitcoin.myshopify.com/ and added a bunch of products, customized my theme, etc.

Then, I bought a domain name from shopify, https://churchofbitcoin.store -- and at that moment, the original url switched to showing "This store is currently unavailable."

When I try to log in at the url I previously used, https://church-of-bitcoin.myshopify.com/admin/ it says
"church-of-bitcoin.myshopify.com is currently unavailable.
What can I do?
If you're a visitor to this store

Please try again later.
If you're the owner of this store

Please contact support to resolve the issue."

When I try to visit the new url, I get a page not found error.

When I try to contact support, it says

"Recently accessed stores
Select your shop from the list below

info@churchofbitcoin.org
Continue without selecting a shop"

And that is the email address I used to set up the account; but it won't let me click the email address and there are no stores shown in a list to click on, the only thing i can click is "continue without selecting a shop."

I figured it might just take some time for the domain name to get set up so I left it alone and came back the next day but it's all still the same.

Any help please?

Thanks,

Henry

0 Likes
Henry151
4 0 0

See, where's my store?Screenshot_2021-02-16_18-39-24.png

0 Likes
Honki
2 0 1

I have the exact same problem and I haven't received any feedback from their operations team since almost a week. My payment has been made and I can't use Shopify or the domain name. I've made several reports already about this but none of them are answered. They also can't refund the payment you made for the domain name because it's not reversible even if you haven't used it.

Henry151
4 0 0

This is infuriating, and they make it extremely difficult to contact support. I need a response from shopify staff ASAP.

0 Likes
Henry151
4 0 0

Why no response from support staff? What's going on?

0 Likes
Honki
2 0 1

When you try to contact their support staff, all their response is the same, that they will report this to their operations team. Their support frontliners doesn't have the answer. They don't know when the operations team can provide the answer because they get a lot of concerns and my issue is currently for review. It's always the same answer I get from the 4 support team I've talked with. Basically, it won't help talking to them unless a person from their operations team replies to you. And yes, it's already very frustrating because I've paid for the domain name and time is wasted with this issue.

0 Likes
JKBG
Excursionist
10 0 4

I have had the exact same issue.  Started a store, paid for plan and immediately put into "store unavailable" status.  

Shopify support has not been good.  Now you can't talk to anyone on the phone, support response is slow.  The frontliners do not provide any answers. 

In addition to this I cannot use the chat feature on my MacBook or iPhone.  Doesn't matter the browser, , clearing cache, private window, etc....none of it works.  As soon as I enter a support chat I receive a button that says "click to reply".  Once I do the chat box is immediately grayed out and I cannot reply.  However the chat feature worked on a PC.  Super frstrating.

Any solutions to your problem?

0 Likes