Solved

Can't seem to activate Klarna - Help

SvePapp
5 0 0

Site: www.svepapp.se

It works in test mode, but when I try it live it won't forward me to the next step in the payment process. It gives me an error message of:

"Denna betalningsmetod är inte tillgänglig just nu. Prova en annan betalningsmetod eller kontakta oss."

Do I need a Klarna merchant account for this to work or....?

Accepted Solution (1)

KristiAtKlarna
Shopify Partner
205 14 39

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @SvePapp ,

Since I see that you are using Klarna as a local payment method, within Shopify Payments, which is handled by Shopify support (not Klarna support), please open a Shopify support ticket for them to review your account. 

Apologies for my previous response, skosm@klarna.com is appropriate for Klarna as an alternative payment method (not within Shopify Payments). 

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

KristiAtKlarna
Shopify Partner
205 14 39

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @SvePapp ,

Since I see that you are using Klarna as a local payment method, within Shopify Payments, which is handled by Shopify support (not Klarna support), please open a Shopify support ticket for them to review your account. 

Apologies for my previous response, skosm@klarna.com is appropriate for Klarna as an alternative payment method (not within Shopify Payments). 

SvePapp
5 0 0

Thanks for the help. It does seem like I need a Klarna merchant account, yet everything looked okay on Shopify without it, even test orders went through. Sooo... myeah.

Wisero789
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello! What did you do to resolve this problem in the end? We have this issue and it does seem to be a relatively common problem with stores waiting all from a few days to months.

DexterAtKlarna
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey @Wisero789! Can you share some information about your store? That will help to investigate your specific case.

Depending on the details there are a few reasons that could result in a similar error message, most commonly:

• The store has been onboarded correctly, but the specific purchase is being blocked due to thresholds, mismatched markets/currencies, or fraud/velocity rules.
  • If you have onboarded Klarna as an Alternative Payment Method - the payment method has not been correctly installed or onboarded. More information and assistance available in the Klarna documentation here.
  • If you are using Klarna as a Local Payment Method (resources here), you may need to reach out to Shopify support to investigate what has caused the delay in onboarding.

I hope this helps!