Can’t verify domain name in Shopify

femmebot
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi, 

I’m trying to verify my domain name using the txt record but it didn’t work. I’ve also inserted the code on my website in the <head> section and while the code is visible in the browser it’s still not able to validate. 

Not sure what needs to happen to fix this issue.

domain is http://femmebot.com

Replies 8 (8)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

Hi, @femmebot

Sounds like you've done everything right so far. Who are you trying to verify the domain through? Could you share a screenshot of where you placed the snippet in your theme coding; including the theme folder?

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

lmlstudioart
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having this issue as well. I tried hiring one of the experts you link us to in Fiverr and now nothing works. 😞 Can someone in support actually look at my backend and help? Does that sort of support not exist in Shopify? 

Thanks

Lisa 

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@lmlstudioart 

I'm sorry to hear you had a poor experience with Fivver. Typically, we would not recommend Fivver as they are unproven third-party developers; which is why we have a Shopify Expert Marketplace should a store owner be in the market to hire a developer. Shopify Experts are proven third-party developers that we vet to ensure they provide quality work, and allows us to remove Expert status should there be complaints lodged against them. 

When you say "nothing works" could you clarify that for me? What doesn't work exactly? If there were any coding changes, these can be rolled back by going to Online Store/Themes/Actions/Edit Code. Once here, you can click on the theme file, click "older versions" and select a date where your theme was working correctly. If you can provide more information on what the issue is, along with the name of the theme you're using, then I can help provide more specific advice on how to find a solution. 

If you're seeking more immediate support, then you can start a chat or schedule a callback through our help centre here. You can also reach out to us on Twitter or Facebook

femmebot
Visitor
3 0 0
Hi Peter at Shopify Staff,

In error, you replied with the wrong answer to my issue and sent me
@lmlstudioart
. So
to continue with my issue I included your last reply to me in Italic below:

*Hi femmebot,*

*Peter (Shopify Staff) mentioned you in a post! Join the conversation
below:*
------------------------------
*Re: Can’t verify domain name in Shopify*

*Hi, @femmebot
. *

*Sounds like you've done everything right so far. Who are you trying to
verify the domain through? Could you share a screenshot of where you placed
the snippet in your theme coding; including the theme folder?*

-We are trying to verify the domain through Facebook.
-I attached and I am sharing the screenshot below.

[image: image.png]

Please help as I am not able to connect my Shopify Commerce Account to my
Instagram account.

Thank you, Tina at Femmebot
Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@femmebot 

I'm afraid your image did not come through. To clarify, is the domain you're trying to verify added to your Shopify admin in Online Store/Domains? For example, if you're trying to verify www.femmebot.com, but only have femmebot.com in your admin, then the domain will not verify as you only have your subdomain in your admin. You would need to add the correct domain to your Shopify admin in order to verify the store. You will also need to ensure that the domain you are trying to verify is your primary domain (i.e. you are trying to verify www.femmebot.com. but have femmebot.com as your primary domain). 

You will also want to ensure that the snippet Facebook provided to you is placed in your published theme under "theme.liquid", right under the <head> line. It can not be beside it, above it, or further down in the code. It needs to be placed on its own line right under the <head> line. 

Let me know how that turns out. 

femmebot
Visitor
3 0 0

@Trevor 

I verified that we have the correct domain in "Online Store > Domains". We've also moved the meta tag from where it was to directly under the head line in the code. Though even with these two steps its still isn't verifying.

On the facebook side it says the content is unavailable (screenshot below) which might be causing the issue.

femmebot_0-1610917343496.png

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@femmebot 

Thank you for the screenshot. You could try verifying your ".myshopify.com" URL instead of your purchased domain, as that sometimes resolves the issue you're seeing. If not, then you'll want to contact Facebook support or report a problem with Facebook as they'll be able to troubleshoot this further. 

ShanifAtApteo
Shopify Partner
35 3 5

First of all verify that your domain is pointed correctly to shopify servers

1: Go to Online Store > Domains > And see if your domain  exists

Otherwise link your domain, and verify.

After verification Go to Online Store > Actions > Edit Code > theme.liquid

Hi @Mbial-Business, glad to help you with your question. I’m sure, my given answer will help to solve your problem by following the given steps :

Paste your code under between the

<header>

…..….Paste verification code here………

</header>

Now you will be able to verify your domain.

Hopefully, that solves your problem. If not, please let me know if you're seeing any other issues.

Shanif Dhanani, CEO and data scientist at Apteo
- Was I able to help? Click Like to let me know!
- If I was able to answer your question, click Accept as Solution
- Want to increase your customer lifetime value with A.I.? Check out Apteo