Can I regain access to my Shopify store with an outdated email?

Carl1979
Visitor
1 0 0

HI,

Does anyone know if I can solve this problem. I have not logged into my store for over 3 months and when I do I get sent a code to an email address I can no longer access, I have spoken to support but they told me there was no way to solve this problem.  I could prove the site belonged to me and knew the answers to all the questions but they were still unable to help. I was hoping the email address on the account could be changed so that I could login and start using the store again.

Has anyone had this problem resolved before?

Thanks

Carl

Replies 3 (3)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hey, @Carl1979. Thanks for creating a new topic about this. I’m happy to dive into this further for you to see if there is anything that can be done. 

First, just an FYI that we only guarantee that store data is retained for 90 days upon the account being frozen, or closed. So if it has been longer than that, your store may not be exactly as you left it, in which case creating a new account with the free trial may be a more viable option. However, let’s be sure!

I’m sending you an email so that I can gather some information about the account from you, and acquire your most up to date contact email for correspondence. Keep an eye out of it and reply when you get a chance, so that we can proceed.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

dlaw5
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm trying to login to my store but it's been no activity for 3 months so it sent a 10 code to a email I no longer use. How can I gain access again to my store ?

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hey, @dlaw5. Thanks for reaching out; That’s great to hear you would like to reactivate! 

We can certainly take a closer look at this for you to determine how we can help you re-open your store. We’ll need to access your account in order to do so, however we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time. We’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback though. Please visit the Shopify Help Center to create a support request.

Since this is the next step, I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.