Cannot add sections to my homepage

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi there,

I started building my online shop and for some reason I cannot add sections to my homepage anymore. It used to work but for some reason it does not anymore. When I click on "add section" it is loading but instead of showing the possible options to add it reloads and goes back to the section overview. I am desperate for help because I have no idea how to get rid of this problem.

Here is a screenshot of how it looks when I click "add section". It is like this for about 5 seconds, then brings me back to the overview. 

Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-11 um 17.38.21.png

Has anyone experienced similar issues before? Any help is appreciated. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
681 35 108

Hi, @fabian_cheeki!

My name is Ava

That does sound odd, those sections should load straight away for you. I'll just run through some questions with you now to gather some context on your issue!

• Are the sections not loading only when you go to add a new section? Or are you seeing the blank screen straight away after selecting Online Store > Themes > Customise theme? 
  • Is your Operating Systems up to date? If you're using a Mac, it should be running on the Catalina Update, and for Windows, the latest version is Windows 10.
  • If your theme was purchased from a third-party, is it the newest version available?
  • Have you added any apps or edited your theme code in any way?

If you could run through these questions above and let me know some more information, we can take things from there.

Speak soon!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @fabian_cheeki 

Have you tried hard cache clearing - Hold the Ctrl key and press the F5 key (Win) or Reload (Mac).

Also, you can check with a different browser and see if the problem still persists.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hey Ava,

Sorry, I should have been a little more specific.

The sections are not loading when I click on "add section". Before that, everything is normal.

My operating system is up to date.

I am using the Prestige theme, which I just purchased a few days ago, so it should be the newest version. Even if I add a free theme from the app store like "Debut" or "Brooklyn" the issue is present, which means even without doing any edits or code changes, the issue is there. 

I have not added any new apps and I have even deinstalled a few to see if this might cause the problem. I have not made any code changes but as mentioned above, the issue also persists when I add a brand new theme from the theme store.

In addition, I have tried it in Chrome, Safari, and Firefox and I cleared all my cache as well.

So far I got nothing.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi!

Thanks for the suggestion but I have tried Chrome, Safari, and Firefox and I have also tried clearing my cache. Didn't help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
681 35 108

Thanks for confirming!

I've been having a chat with our technical team and they have recommended double-checking your OS to see if there is an outstanding update. The types of issues you are seeing - parts of the site not loading, or sometimes buttons/sections missing - these usually happen if an Operating System is not up to date. I know you've mentioned yours is in date, but could you double-check here to be 100% certain?

15-24-fpb21-hbu4h

Thanks again for checking! Just so I can rule this out as the source of this issue.

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes